“No longer open”

Cafe Shelburne Inc
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2015

This was a great place for French food, but it is closed. A new, sort of localvore sounding Greek place is opening there in April 2015.

Reviewed 11 September 2014

We enjoyed a most amazing dinner tonight at the very cozy, warm, and intimate dining experiences at Cafe Shelburne. We began with romantic and delicious drinks at the bar. Superb! Our choice for appetizers we highly recommend, House Charcuterie- a generous platter of pate, sweet sausage, and Crispy bread with garnishes of green beans and caramelized veggies. My choice for my entree was Open View Farm Lamb, just scrumptious! My husband was absolutely satiated with La Pate Angus Beef. In short , Chef Weston can cook! His pantry is stocked from a variety of local farms finest products. If you are in the Burlington / Shelburne area and only have one night to dine- choose Cafe Shelburne- on Route 7, just across from Shelburne Farms.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Graduation weekend can be difficult. Reservations are made weeks, sometimes months in advance. It is important to mention to customers that there will be a fixed price menu when reservations are made. Then you need to have all those choices available for the diners. By 7:30 items were sold out. The food was excellent as was the wine, but we did not get exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Got there on time for our reservation
Were asked to wait 15 minutes
I figured if we honored our time they could too
So they did hurry
Got a table in a cute, comfy small room
Then we found it was a fixed price dinner only
We were never told this
But we did order and then waited 50 minutes for our first course of soup
They ran out of bread so , not only didn't we have any, my husband had no toast points with his mussels
The soup was not special, but the main dishes of flank steak and a veggie pasta dish were very good
Then they ran out of all on the dessert menu
What the offered instead was worth much less than those on the fixed menu
We asked for , and received , a generous discount Bc of the issues
But all if the problems made the evening less enjoyable than it should have been
They said they change the menu daily and list if the local dairies and farms they buy from
So everything seemed very fresh and tasty
All in all, if we hadn't waited so long for food and hadn't been surprised by fixed menu, it would have been a very good experience.

1  Thank Borroc
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We've always considered Cafe Shelburne to be a special occasion place. But over the years we experienced a significant decline in the quality of meals and service. With new owners we decided to give it another chance. The changes in decor were long over due and definitely contributed to a much more appealing ambiance. Our server was very professional and efficient while being friendly and honest. I wish I remembered her name. I had a very difficult time finding something that I even wanted to eat on the menu. It was very limited. Honestly wish I had ordered a salad. My husband ordered the strip steak because they ran out of filet. Although he liked the flavor he felt it was tough. To him his appetizer of escargot was disappointing because bread crumbs absorbed all of the butter.The pork chops turned out to be a pork chop. It was the size of my plate. It could feed a family of four. Trying to cut into was difficult as it was almost raw making it tough to distinguish the fat from the meat. I had to send it back for further cooking.
On a more positive note our drinks were excellent. Our waitress even stuffed blue cheese into the olives for my husband's martini. For the expense this dining experience is not worth the money.

1  Thank bettybeach64