All reviews room was clean nice balcony anthony's diner heated pool lobby area fridge and microwave small town staff was very friendly and helpful two queen beds continental breakfast one night stay white mountains northeast kingdom new england motel sinks academy
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I've reviewed this before - nice Inn good rooms, balconies, comfortable beds, frigs, microwaves. And not only good for families, but they also welcome dogs (ask when you call to book)
Their pretty pool is great, ringed with gardens , heated but refreshing, but you may have no clue, unless you ask. It is behind the hotel,overlooking the green hills and out of sight of many rooms. They also have equipment for badminton, horseshoes, & volleyball.
And here's the best, if you just have to get in that pool time, in the winter, they have free passes for guests to use the big indoor pool at the Comfort Inn ($$$) nearby!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KDI2013
SofiaEmly, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share you feedback once again. We love being able to offer our guests a heated outdoor pool with the scenic backdrop that our guests love about Vermont. Badmitton, volleyball, and horseshoes are a new venture this year, and I'm so glad that you took the time to mention them! We are working on marketing these amenities to all of our guests when they call to book, and also when they check in, so that no one misses out. I'm pleased that you enjoy your stays with us, and I hope you continue to be our valued guest whenever your travels bring you to our area. Until then, happy journeys.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here while heading to Canada for a fishing trip. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were decent and the facilities were serviceable. There was morning coffee in the lobby and a decent computer for guest use in the lobby as well. Not luxury but affordable and nice for a stopover.

Trip type: Travelled with family
SofiaEmly, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback for us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our oversized guestrooms and 24 hour coffee in the lobby. We work hard to provide a relaxing and friendly environment for our guests. We hope to see you again if your journeys bring you back to our area. Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Small town hotels are never this good. The staff is efficient, accommodating, and friendly. Just passing through, but I can't imagine a better hotel in this area. Reasonably priced, excellent value. Amenities include refrigerator, microwave, and a nice full size pool area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our staff works hard to provide a home-away-from-home atmosphere for our valued guests. I'm glad that you enjoyed having the microwave and refrigerator that come standard in all our rooms. I hope that you were able to enjoy the heated outdoor pool while you were here. We hope we get the pleasure of having you as our guests again if your journeys bring you back to our area. Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

While trying to say something nice about this place, I wouldn't pay half the price to come back. In the end, it is ok. Nothing special about the rooms, maybe even a bit tired. Nice to have a balcony to see the stars at night and drink room coffee in the morning. TV in the first room we were issued wasn't working. Base on the fact the toilet wasn't flushed, maybe we weren't the first occupants to turn it down. Nice to have s working fridge in the room but a little noisy. Otherwise, restful sleep and onward in the morning.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank OptimistBrian
SofiaEmly, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts with us. I'm sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to your expectations. We work hard to provide a home-away-from-home atmosphere for our guests, so your feedback is taken very seriously. We have addressed the issue with the televisions with our service provider. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the balcony that all of our upper level rooms have, and that you were able to take advantage of the refrigerators that are standard in all of our rooms. We are continuing to make updates to our rooms on an ongoing basis and we would love the opportunity to have you back in the future. Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

I stayed only one night. The room was very clean. Victoria was friendly and welcoming at the front desk. The grounds are very well maintained and the sounds from the river or waterfalls was so peaceful and relaxing. If I ever have the need again I would stay there.

Room tip: Get your room on the 2nd floor.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Treeham123

Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us. Our staff prides itself on our customer service, and we have been awarded the "Vermont's Friendliest Inn" title. I'm so glad that you were able to tour our property and enjoy the hard work of our grounds people. I will pass on to our housekeeping staff that their hard work cleaning and preparing your room was evident and appreciated. I hope your travels bring you our way again; we look forward to having you as our valued guest in the future. Until then, safe travels.