“Ok hotel but improvements needed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area

Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Rutland
Albany, ny
“Ok hotel but improvements needed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed at the Red Roof in Rutland in April for only one night. The rooms were fairly clean although we had only one towel in the bathroom. Front desk lady told us they had been running short on towels and had not been able to order any new ones yet so they have to wash them as they get them from used rooms and redistribute.

We had issues with the wifi in the room we were in. Just could not get any decent signal although we moved around the room. We mostly did without the internet while at this hotel.

Front desk people were nice but they didnt seem to want to answer the phone the few times we tried to call them.

Breakfast was passable but the eggs appeared to be fake which gave them a powdery taste.

Loved the pool.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Bennington, Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed at Red Roof on the southern end of town as it was the first hotel we saw coming into the city and we were very tired. We found the desk people to be friendly but rather slow checking us in. The room we got was passable but needed extra care as we found cobwebs in the corners, one had a spider in it and along the bed bottom was dirty.

The TV had reception issues and was very fuzzy.

The price as rather high for mediocre accomadations.

Not on our recommend list.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RedRoofSalesDirector, Director of Sales at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Good afternoon Trip Advisor member.

My apologies for your negative feelings in regards to your stay with us.
I always encourage all of our guests, whether they choose to stay with us or any competing hotel.. to check over your room before checking in. So you know you are getting before you spend your hard earned money.

In regards to rate: we offered one of the lowest rates in the area last weekend. You may compare the rates online anytime to confirm just that if you wish. We want all of our guests to be satisfied without exception. Ironically I recieved no complaints over the weekend. If I had, you can be rest assured that the most minor issues are addressed asap.. thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Rutland hotels

Plainfield, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

My 10-year-old granddaughter and I enjoy an occasional night out at a hotel with a pool. The Red Roof Inn fit the bill and had good reviews. Breakfast is also included, making for more pool time and less expense, and included eggs & bacon or sausage as well as bagels, cereal, juice, coffee, etc. My granddaughter had a delightful time, got to go shopping & dine out locally, have her friend join her in the pool & sauna, and was very pleased with the room. The staff was lovely and helpful. A very pleasant interlude... We'd come back.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker, call ahead and let the staff know as there are some rooms where smoking...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank VTMountainGarden
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I planned a ski weekend and had stayed at the Ramada down the road in the past. Needless to say, I was pleased with the switch and will definitely stay at Red Roof Inn again. Not to say their weren't some minor issues, but for the price and convenient location (roughly 20 min to both Killington and Okemo), it was well worth it. Being a property manager myself, I tend to notice a lot of little things but also understand "setting the expectation".

Room appeared to be recently renovated, although not my particular decor, the room was clean, neat and spacious. 2nd floor rooms have vaulted high ceilings and have a more "suite" like feel and upgraded black appliances - very nice. Being the trip coordinator and having everything on my credit card, I would have expected to get the nicer room, but its just a weekend - I'll live! I was close to the dining area and amenities so I guess thats a premium. Bathroom exhaust vents need to be cleaned and towels could use a fabric softner or some Bounce - kinda like sandpaper!

Turn service was....confusing....one bed was made (the other had a bag on it so maybe they didn't want to touch it?) while the other was left untouched. Empty cups and trash weren't removed but towels were replaced with floor towels. Thought is was odd - they kinda just did a half turn but my guest and I werent too bothered.

Front desk (Nichole) was very knowledgeable and told us good place to eat (Table 24 - great restaurant), where to buy groceries and liquor, bars in downtown Rutland, etc. Early Sat morning front desk person not so much - couldn't point us to decent ski shop on way to Killington or give us directions.

Amenities - pool was heated, although the game room/pool area was very cold - you could feel the draft right through the windows surrounding the room. My group enjoyed the pool and the games (pool table, air hockey). Sauna was disappointing - doesn't really get hot enough to feel like a sauna and you could feel the draft....top was warm, bottom was cold. Didn't break a sweat after 30 minutes....so I gave up...and yes, it was maxed out on temp and time.

Parking is convenient and breakfast was decent - on Sunday one of the staff was making waffles ahead of time which was a great time saver - great idea. It a small room and gets crowded quick so it helped not to have everyone standing at the waffle station. Eggs were a bit runny and sausage meat could have been cooked just a bit more....but this is pretty standard for these buffet breakfast at most hotels. We all ate and there were no complaints. We are a pretty easy group!

The one thing I would have preferred is that my group was somewhat placed in the same area of the hotel or even connecting rooms if possible - I had 5 rooms that were split into almost 3 locations. We booked in advanced so I would have thought there was enough time to place us together but I'm not a hotel operations manager so what do I know?

Overall, very good stay and Red Roof will get my business again. Also have to give thansk to the Sales Manager who also gave us info for discount lift tickets which worked out great.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms - nice high vaulted ceilings with beams (at least in the 400's), newer appliance...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael G
RedRoofSalesDirector, Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Thank you Michael for your honest feedback... I am glad your ski trip went off smoothly. Next time you stay with us please request that you would like to be in the same vacinity so we will work diligently to make sure that it happens.
We have a great group coordinator who handles our groups. He is definitly very knowlegable about the area and always knows where to get the best services. Red Roof inn prides itself on
working with local businesses that provide quality products and service. I look forward to you coming back in the future.
Salem, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed here for an over-night trip. Quick check-in, on my way to my within a few minutes. Lobby and common areas very clean. Room clean and maintain condition. Plenty of space in the room, came with mini refrig and coffee machine. Wife used pool, very satisfied. Breakfast room clean, food was fresh, standard menu offered by others. Recently stay across the street at another motel; twice the price and a very unhappy stay there. Will be going back to the Red Roof

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoofSalesDirector, Manager at Days Inn Rutland/Killington Area, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Thank you Barry for your positive feedback. We really do work hard to provide the best possible lodging and breakfast. We could never manage a hotel without a great staff.. Please come back again soon.

We work hard to get and know as many guests as possible. I might recommend signing up Redicard... its free and for each time you stay at a Red Roof Inn you recieve points towards free lodging with Red Roof Inn.