Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Travel Inn(Rutland)
US$ 77
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanthird floorwafflespool and hot tubflat screen tvsausagequeen bedfront desk staffdowntown rutlandbreakfast staffski trip to killingtonchoice hotelsrefrigerator and microwavehot breakfaststaff was friendlywould stay againfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2012

On the road and needed a place to stay at the last minute. Used a coupon so it was very reasonable. A NICE hotel. Good beds, clean. We had a king room so there was a desk and chair and a comfy chair. The bathroom was small and a bit awkward . Pool area looked nice. Breakfast was better than most.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
NewYorkCindy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Trolley Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for writing in! It is always nice to hear from our guests. As you mentioned we now have added more "Hot Breakfast items." Looking forward to your next visit to "The Friendliest Hotel in Rutland!" It is very appreciated. Thank you again from our entire staff!

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many, many times over the past several years.
The rooms are always clean. The staff has always been very helpful, professional, accomodating, etc. Every one from the general manager, the front desk staff, house keeping maintenance, all of them go above and beyond the call. I can't rave about them enough.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bruce L
Reviewed 13 April 2012

On a whirlwind weekend hiking tour of the New England area...ended up at the last moment in Rutland, VT...didn't want to overpay for a simple place to sleep - but also wanted a decent room. For the price, we were delightfully surprised to have a very clean, bright and lovely room. Basic, but nice. Other than a brief mix up with room assignments with another guest...we had no other issues. It was quiet, close enough to the highways to make an easy exit in the morning, a nice continental breakfast and pleasant service. Definetly worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
NewYorkCindy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Trolley Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel! I am pleased you had a nice stay with us. As you mentioned we are a very basic hotel as far as our amenities. We do strive to keep hotel clean as possible and as "FRIENDLY" as possible.
All of our associates are here to help our guests have a great time in Vermont!
Thank you again- it is greatly appreciated!!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We have been going to Rutland 3 to 5 times a year for the last 11 years. The first couple of years we stayed at different hotels, Ramada, Redroof to name a few. Ramada was O K, but did not like Redroof. We then tried the Comfort Inn. After our first weekend, we were hooked Let me tll you the positive things about the Comfort Inn. All the staff are very friendly. I admit the rooms are not new, but are clean and comfortable. You can't beat the price for what you get. The location is perfect. Every year I see the the same staff working there. That speaks for itself. They are usually the first hotel with all rooms full during the holidays and special events, so book early. Now about the last two reviews. It sounds like they were written by a jealous competitor. I would not be happy if my room was dirty. The staff offered them another room which they declined. Would you let your kids stay in a DIRTY room? I wouldn't. Now for the REAL complaints. When was the last time you heard a staff member complain about about your room rate. What does he care how much you pay. He could get into trouble for saying it. That proves thier prices are excellent. Now, about breakfast. Breakfast is on the 3'rd floor. How disappointing can that be? Were you expecting STEAK and EGGS for breakfast with room service? For the price you pay for your room, you get a very good selection. Some places I have stayed at, continental breakfast was coffee, juice, and donuts. Last item. If your room was over heated, why didn't you lower the heat or turn on the a/c? Each room has its own control.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank William B
NewYorkCindy, General Manager at Comfort Inn Trolley Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for you kind words. It is guests like you that make us proud to come to work each day.

Your exactly right--We may not have the newest hotel in Rutland, but we do strive to keep it clean, affordable, and have everyone enjoy their time with us.

As someone once stated---A building is just a building- its the associates in it-- that makes the difference.

Thanks again- see you soon:)

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I've stayed at this Comfort Inn 4 or 5 times over the past 5 years and it was nothing special, but ok. This stay was not good. When I checked-in, it was clear that the guy didn't like the room rate I booked on the Choice Hotels site. The mattress was terrible. The pillows were lumpy. The rug was dirty. The room was overheated. I've got a long drive today and am tired because this hotel couldn't provide the basics.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room and check out the mattress before you book.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

We greatly appreciate our guests taking the time out of their busy schedule to remark on your stay at the Comfort Inn @ Trolley Square. I apologize for your unpleasant stay.

I only wish you had informed us immediately. We do exercise a 100% guarantee policy. Once we are informed of any issue, it is corrected. Our mattresses are Sealy pillow top, and pillows are brand new. I can say some people either love them or don't. I am not sure what happened with your room. Please rest assure that I personally will look into this.

Once again, we do apologize-Our goal is that all our guests to have a pleasant stay and enjoy the hotel in its entirety. We are known as "The Friendliest Hotel in Rutland" and always strive to live up to motto.