“Great Porch, Great Food! Don't Walk By""”

The Parker House Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Quechee
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 32
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The Parker House has always been a favorite and our meal the other night prompts me to write. First there is no better porch in the Upper Valley (or most anywhere) on which to dine. And the food is every changing and fantastic. Adam is a great host and bartender. The other night we were have another great meal on the porch and I noticed so many people walking by in he parking lot to go to Simon Pearce Restaurant. I don't blame them, it's a great place, but they should really try the Parker House too! And, it's a shorter walk from the car to boot!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We came here for an anniversary dinner, so we wanted something really nice and also vegetarian (but fish-eating) friendly. This fit the bill perfectly. We started with a salad of greens, cranberry, pepitas, etc., in a pomegranate vinaigrette. My wife likes salad; I eat it grudgingly, but this was utterly fantastic, the best salad I've ever had. And the cod was superb too; I just wish there was more of its sauce, as I was wiping the dish clean with the bread to get every last taste. Good wine list by the glass too. The outdoor seating had a nice view but it got chilly; fortunately they have outdoor heat lamps to take the edge off. Not cheap but well worth it. A definite win.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

This is the 3rd year in a row that we celebrated my birthday in Quechee. We decided to try this restaurant since we were able to make a reservation for a table with a view... and we are very glad that we did!

It was a lovely sunny day with temps in the 60s. We were warmly welcomed and seated outside. However the breeze was very strong and cool and we quickly left the wonderful view for indoor dining.

We were seated in the charming front room with the blazing fire in the gas fireplace where we immediately felt comfortable.

After having the olives and the tasty bread we knew we were in for a great meal.
The cocktails were made with a very generous pour.
We enjoyed the seafood risotto as well as the seared scallops. The scrumptious chocolate mousse cake was topped with a lighted candle.

Our server was fantastic! He easily handled all 6 of the tables which were occupied.We enjoyed our leisurely dinner and never felt rushed.

We definitely plan to return to our new favorite restaurant in Quechee.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We stayed at the Inn and ate dinner there. The food was fresh and delicious. We tried the cheese plate, soup, burger and fish.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were there for an event with a large group. Everything was amazing... from the beginning to the end. I must have commented 10 times on how good everything was! The service was also very good. We did not pay so I can't comment on prices. Would highly recommend dinner at Parker House.

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to The Parker House Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK