“Basic, decent value for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Swiss Farm Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Pittsfield B&B and Inns
Milton, Massachusetts, United States
“Basic, decent value for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

When I entered & found my name & room number tacked to the front counter, I thought, "how quaint!" The rooms are basically like dorm rooms. It had a tiny bathroom, stand up shower, no extra luggage space and well worn beds. The owners and staff were very friendly, and it was as though they opened their home to their guests. Service was impeccable. I didn't expect "housekeeping" service, but we came back to find the beds made & room tidied. Dinner was just ok, but breakfast was delicious. For the price, it was definitely sufficient for a place to crash for a night or two; it was not a picturesque, luxurious B&B experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KScottboston
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oakdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I'm not a skier and I don't like the cold but I will be the first one packed when we head to the Swiss Farm Inn in Vermont again. Cozy rooms, crackling fire in the dining room, plenty of books and board games on hand and charming conversations with the owners (and their children) made my stay an absolute delight. "Home of the World's Best Breakfast" the huge sign in front of the Inn boasts...and they did not disappoint! Stuffed French Toast, Homemade Hash and Outrageous Omelettes, just to name a few. I've never written an online review before but this place is special - it captures the heart of Vermont and it's people. Thank you Swiss Farm Inn!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Roseann M
Sayville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

My family enjoyed another wonderful experience at the Swiss Farm Inn. The innkeepers, Roger and Joyce are warm and welcoming and make each and every guest feel special. They must really love their work, because they are so good at making certain their guests feel cared for. The rooms are comfortable and immaculate and the food is surprisingly wonderful. The inn is known throughout New England for their sumputous breakfasts, and even my finicky children remarked about how much they enjoyed the food (dinners as well as breakfasts). I would recommend this gem for anyone visiting the Killington area.

Room Tip: There are 5 rooms with Queen beds and we always request one, but our kids like the rooms with twins.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Arlene S
Nashua
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is the place for warm hospitality and very good food. The owners are friendly. The shower was awesome in the room. The rooms are spartan however but the price is right.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fogerg
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We love b&b's and this was a disappointment. We were shown our room and wanted to cry. So tiny our luggage could barely fit. Zero climate control in the rooms, we had to sleep with the window open and it was in the 30's to keep it feeling decent in our room. Beds are old and like marshmallows. The bathroom is ridiculously tiny and run down. The sink was broken, the faucets didn't turn off all the way, there was cobwebs around the ceiling. There was no place to sit my flattening iron or toiletries and the trash was not taken out. We had one tiny trash basket located in the bathroom, and we then had to make our own trash sack for the rest of our stay. Totally bare bones accommodations in every way. When I asked to see other rooms and about their availability the innkeeper acted offended, then was unfriendly to us the rest of our stay. Unfortunately we were stuck here for 2 days for a wedding in Pittsfield. The wifi did not at all work because our room was too far away from their modem. The breakfast was mediocre at best, and we weren't given a lot of healthy options. When we ordered our breakfast without sausage and potatoes we then heard our waitress making fun of us to the person in the kitchen that we "didn't want this and that, any of the good stuff, and we needed fruit instead." It was if we had asked too much. Ridiculous. Fruit was substituted both mornings for us instead of home fries and for that we were grateful. The other male innkeeper was using profanity in the dining room to a local on our first morning which we found tacky and unprofessional...especially if there had been kids around. There was a strange unpleasant smell that lingered in the hallway to our room that we couldn't quite figure out. The walls were paper thin in the rooms and you could hear everything in the hall. All in all we simply were not impressed, at all. Worst B&B we have ever encountered. The only positive thing I can say is that the room was clean except for the cobwebs in the bathroom. The female innkeeper, Joyce, was short with me as we were loading to leave, asking me if she had our credit card info for any incidentals. I advised her we were only loading the car and my husband would be happy to give it to her before we left....as if there was anything to charge us for??
Basically I think we offended her by asking for another room available (because we were the only ones there when we checked in)upon check in b/c we were stuck in a room with a twin bed and a small full bed and I was hoping for at least a queen. Come to find out there is only one queen bed in the whole place!! Grumpy people, old basic, tiny, hot, boring, rundown rooms, ok breakfast. No fun.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank dryfly412
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
25.1 km away
Hillside Inn at Killington
#12 of 13 in Killington
0.0 km away
Killington-Pico Motor Inn

Been to Swiss Farm Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK