River Bend Lodge
Chesterfield Inn(West Chesterfield)
US$ 239
US$ 162
Official Site
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The Riverbend Lodge is one of the nicest Hotels in which I have had the pleasure of staying with the friendliest staff and courteous service they really make you feel like youre part of their big family! Mike was an absolute pleasure to deal with during my stay , he really goes above and beyond the call when it comes to satisfaction and comfort . Meg was an absolute angel , friendly and talkative and really tuned into the area and its many must sees. The icing on the cake really was the EXCELLENT resturaunt which is also owned by the same people only about 100 feet away ! The food was amazing and the rest was just wonderful. I will reccomend these folks to all of my friends and family looking for an amazing value without losing any of the amazing services those other hotels offer you! When I was here they made me feel like family while i was away from my own family for a time ... at that moment it was exactly what I needed and I am sure if you stay there you will leave on a first name basis with these wonderful folks as well . Tell em BIG sent ya!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank joshua a
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This was the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was filthy and smelled like smoke, there were lights that didn't work, there was no toilet paper, no one came to make the beds or tidy up the room during our stay, and all we could hear was children yelling and screaming. I felt like a $10.00 hooker in a pay-by-the-hour hotel. I would definitely never stay here again. It isn't worth the few dollars you save.

Room Tip: CHose one at a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grace S
Neal A, Manager at River Bend Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise for any bad experience you may have had in the
past......My wife and I took over management of the River Bend Lodge on May 1st 2012.
Since arriving we have resolved alot of issues and would like to assure you that when you stay with us your comfort is our primary concern. The rooms are cleaned daily by my wife and her assistant, bathrooms are scrubbed on hands and knees. One of us is always available to take care our customers needs no matter what the hour.
Come stay with us again and I guarentee you'll see a major difference in your experience.

Neal Allen
Resident Manager
River Bend Lodge

Reviewed 8 December 2011

Came here with my girlfriend for the weekend. Rooms look alot better from our last stay. The room was clean,nice flat screen tv,and new shower. The pizza at the resturant next door is a plus.

Room Tip: Any of them because they're all updated.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovehotelhoppin
Reviewed 15 October 2011

When we drove up last week, we saw the sign "Under New Management." Obviously there have been problems, and hopefully, they can work them out. There was not even a mattress pad on the bed. no curtain on the window in the bathroom, and burned out lightbulbs. The lady at the desk was very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Motel should be shut down. The new manager is dealing with a severe pregnancy crisis, but instead of taking care of business--ie getting someone else or cancelling reservations, guests are left to muddle along with a marginally clean rooms with literarly no service. Just spent four nights, and rooms were never cleaned, trash was never picked up, towels never changed. Had to beg for towels. Worse, nothing ever seemed to be (managment's) fault. The linen people didn't come, not the management's fault. I actually felt guilty for asking for anything. This hugely pregnant woman would give me a harrassed look every time I showed up to ask for the most basic things. One time the woman's mother was there "helping" and the mother threw up in hands and just said "I don't work here." I don't think anyone works there!. Little kids stand in the background looking confused. It was embarrassing, unprofessional and uncomfortable. It made me long for chain hotels. She cut the rate down to the non holiday, which was still more than half this place was worth, even during foliage season. The WIFI does NOT work ---at least it never did in my room. The pregnant woman insisted it would, but it didn't. There were spiders, bugs, of all kinds lining every corner of the ceiling and the air conditioner. I took one of the precious towells and stood on an end table and dusted. The front window and bathroom window were filled with dead bugs. The bathroom window was left open so someone must have seen the bugs. I'm talking a layer of bugs, not just one or two. The room had the smallest, cheapest soaps I've ever seen in a motel--worse than motel 6. The room smelled--odd and bad. I got some Glade from the local grocery. Good things--the tv worked and it was a flat screen. The room has been recently rennovated, but to honest it looks like the cheapest of rennovations. When we left, someone was going out to get coffee, so I guess there's free coffee if they have it. Maybe they could have gone to buy some towels too. The ones we got were from empty rooms. The WIFI did work in the small lounge area. There's no cell phone service in this valley, one thing that is not their fault; everything else is. I asked them why didn't you tell us before--they said they did--but they didn't say anything about no service, no towels, bugs, odor, etc, etc. If they did, I would have got something else. I felt bad about the prenancy crisis, but this was an important trip for our family. We needed a place to stay that would be comfortable and clean. We didn't need anything fancy or need to be waited on. We ended up feeling bad for the manager/ownwer, but also angry that the motel really put pall on our trip. We have our own problems and didn't want to get involved with the owners problems. All we wanted was what any basic motel would offer. We got half of that. Based on the review on August 11, this place won't get any better. These people don't know what they're doing; if they keep this place, I hope they can get some help, from people who know how to get things done, not people who throw up their hands and say "I don't work here." This pretty valley deserves better.

Room Tip: Pay the money and go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple