“Ah - the serenity!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
DSC03360
DSC03521
DSC03834
DSC02594
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Robert M
Melbourne, Australia
“Ah - the serenity!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

After a long trip from Maine, what a relief to reach the inviting and cosy peace of this cottage. These Aussie travelers found a haven surrounded by wildlife and an ideal base from which to explore the Vermont countryside while admiring the beautiful fall foliage. Our gracious hosts Pamela and Kevin were most welcoming and helpful. Cottage amenities were great and we LOVED the shower. Our four nights stay was an unforgettable experience.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
laurenand...
Brooklyn, New York
“Peaceful and Perfect!”
Reviewed 2 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful long weekend in this cottage. The grounds are beautiful, the hammock is perfect for naps, and the pond was a refreshing place to swim. We were even able to enjoy some veggies from the garden, and had romantic dinners on the front porch of the cottage every night. We definitely would like to come back!
Also, if you can get an acupuncture session from Pamela, I highly recommend it. Very relaxing!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pond!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Martha's Vineyard
Reviewed 28 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
MA
Reviewed 21 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
ViajeraGl...
Burlington, Vermont
“Private and Romantic - ok for kids but not toddler-safe”
Reviewed 19 July 2011 for a stay in April 2011

We stayed in the cabin for a family event during Easter weekend. The cottage is very cozy, well-equipped and private. It is on the same property as the owners' home, but is separated by a garage/outbuilding so it feels very private. The home was very clean and the owners were very gracious. We were greeted and shown around by the owners when we arrived. There is a lot of land around the cottage to explore including a stream, a forest, and gardens. My older son (5) enjoyed playing games in the loft, and watching movies on the DVD player, and we had a nice time spending quality time together as a family. The loft looks over the living/kitchen area, and can also see into the bedroom which does not have a door so there is no real privacy between rooms.

We had a couple issues during our stay: the home is heated by a gas fired stove which is very romantic but dangerous for toddlers, so we were constantly guarding our youngest from touching the hot stove. The other issue was the water in the shower did not get hot, it only got warm but would keep switching to cold and warm again. I was not satisfied with how the owners handled it (the water felt warm on his arm so it is fine, it just doesn't get hot), as it was a particularly cold April weekend and the gas stove is not close to the bathroom. I recognize that rentals come with certain draw-backs, such as not having immediate repairs, but shivering in the shower in no fun.

There was one other minor issue, there is a slight rise in the floor between the bedroom and the rest of the cabin, which you have to cross through to access the bathroom. My entire family tripped over this every time until about the third day when we finally became accustomed to it. My toddler especially took a few hard spills.

I would say the cottage is ideal for couples or a single person seeking a retreat and the owners were generally very responsive which is why I would recommend it to others. I wouldn't recommend it for families with small children, or families looking for privacy within the home.

Value Rooms
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Tourists
Management Response
19 Jul 2011
Hello, This is the first I have ever read our reviews and I wanted to clarify about the shower. The shower is an on-demand shower; very green and energy efficient. Because of this the shower cannot be used when the water at the kitchen sink is being used or there will not be either enough hot water nor enough pressure. Secondly, in June we had the water heater replaced by the manufacturer, Bosch, and now the shower works better than ever with hot enough water! Over the years, we have had several families with toddlers stay and this is the first time I have heard of
a problem with the slight elevation btw floors!! The cabin was custom designed as an open floor plan with lots of overhead space and design detail which is fabulous to look at. This type of design does not allow for closed off bedrooms but there is a door on the bathroom!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing