See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The pictures onnthe web must be standard for all properties because this place hasnt been updated or cleaned since woodstock 1

There are doors taken off and extension chords and dust and dirt and stained caroets everywhere. They must have the worlds smallest laundry machine as the lobby is always packed with huge pikes of dirty laybdry. There is usually no one at the front desk because they are always foing laundry. Tgey can ve doing ckeanibg ad everything is filty. The room and bathroom were disgusting. The furniture is chioped and broken. There is random ugly wall art over tge room. Very old random arr. The guide losts tv channels they dont have. Only a couple have sound and are not static. The bedspread is rotally gross. There is a window in the room that looks into the dirty hallway with ancient dusty curtains for privacy so there is no light in the room. There is no pool. Wifi worked good. Wvwn the parking lot lloks like it was hit by a bomb. The wallpaper is falling off the walls. Our door looks like someone clearly tried to kick it in. Even the in room refrigerator has boot marks in the middle from someone kicking it. Tjis is the worst hotel i have seen in a very long time and the web descriotion is torally untrue. Stay away. Whatever the rate for this place its too much. I would have given less than a sigle star if it would have let me.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018

This old lodge was once the famous Brown Derby of Montpelier before it became a hotel. The woodwork and grand staircase are works of art from a bygone era. The family that operates the hotel are friendly and accommodating. The host even helped us carry our bags up to the second floor! The room interior design was a bit outdated but plenty of electrical outlets for our needs and wonderful lighting options. The hair dryer in the bathroom even had a built-in night light! This was a last minute booking and the rates were very reasonable compared to other options. We had a refrigerator & microwave which many higher priced hotels do not even offer. All of the appliances were in working order but I would suggest asking the management to turn on the air before your arrival during the summer months. In general the hotel was not the beautiful surroundings and sparkling clean accommodations I prefer (and I have pretty high standards!) and the room was just average with little natural lighting. If I could, my rating would be between poor and average for the room. However it was basically clean, quiet and private for the time we needed it and I wouldn't be "afraid" to stay as some other travelers have recently rated..

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Alicia N
Reviewed 26 June 2018

When we checked into our room, we noticed it was very dirty. There was coffee splatter on the bathroom door. Toothpaste splatter on the wall by the sink. Dirty marks on the floors. Dust, dirt, and grime on the molding and electrical outlets. The bathroom light switch was dirty and disgusting. Some of the electrical outlets didn't work. The knob on the a/c had grime and was sticky. The bathtub had dirt marks from the bath mat that was no longer there. This was the dirtiest hotel room we were every in. I told the person at the front desk. He had the housecleaning staff clean my room but the only thing that was cleaned was the coffee stains and dust from one electrical outlet. We did not switch hotels because we had driven so far and had plans that we needed to be at, so we didn't have time to do a switch. The photos I am providing are from AFTER I complained and the room was "cleaned". Oh, and the security lock was broken on the door. Wifi was terrible. There were mosquitoes in the hallway.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Arriving after midnight on a Thursday night, we were greeted with nobody on the desk and a man came down from a room to check us in. The lobby was dank and dark. Arriving at our rooms, we were appalled. The carpet has to be forty years old and very dirty, the room was dark and filthy. In areas the floor you could tell had no floor boards under the carpet and you sank in. the wallpaper was peeling and there was a used laudry bag in the closet. We slept in our clothes afraid to touch anything. We paid for both nights but stayed only one. It was that horrible. Do not stay there.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Where do I start? My first room smelled like smoke and urine. My second smelled okay. Check out my pictures. Dirty and very shabby. Not just one room. The whole place. There was rusty pipes, peeling wallpaper, dented in doors, blood or some other fluid on the walls, I refused to touch the chair that had who knows what stained on it.

The halls were filthy.

Other travelers mentioned their gross rooms. Totally true

Only good thing. The front desk assistant Amy was super helpful.

Stayed: June 2018