Lowest prices for your stay
$229
View deal
Free cancellation until 16/10/22
Hotels.com
Expedia.com$229
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2019

We only stayed one night at the Black Lantern Inn, unfortunately. This was our first visit to a B&B of this vintage, and we were somewhat anxious about whether it would be noisy. It wasn't. The room was so charming and homey. Although previous reviewers had complained that they didn't approve of not having a formal check-in or check-out process. When we arrived, there were keys set out for all residents yet to arrive. We liked this process, and we were able to go right to our room. We also ate dinner at the Inn, and although we traveled for 2 more weeks and ate in many restaurants throughout New England, my favorite meal of the entire trip was at the Black Lantern. The ambiance of the dining room was so delightful. The food was delicious! The wine perfectly accompanied the fine meal. I would highly recommend this charming country inn.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Patti H
Reviewed 14 October 2019 via mobile

Came up for a weekend getaway. The room was warm and cozy. The views were spectacular. Spent time hiking Jay Peak, and biking the Missisquoi bike trail. The only criticism I would have is that the toiletries were lacking. The soap was a small sliver that was hardly enough for a weekend. We ended up buying a bar of soap at the local market, and I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner. It was also strange that they came and emptied the trash in the room, but didn't make up the bed. Overall it was a nice place and I would stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

We stayed in a suite in the Burdette house. It was comfortable, cozy and we loved the ambiance of this little country inn. Amazing to think it has been operating since 1803. The breakfast, which is included, was outstanding. One of the best we’ve ever had.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 110AnneB
Reviewed 24 February 2019

I spent the night in this old feeling building planning to ski at Jay Peak the next day. Old feeling but clean, nicely painted and maintained. Very cozy. Snow outside. No TV. No cell phone service. Peaceful. Nice music playing in the dining room. Cordial service. Nice dinner. I had crab cakes, spinach salad and berry crisp. Great salad. Good meal.

Date of stay: February 2019
3  Thank miller019
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I had a very nice country inn style room in the lovely town of Montgomery Vermont. The room was clean and comfortable and just what you want in a small inn. The location is 15 minutes from Jay Peak ski and golf area and is also a great place to stay in the other seasons. The food was delicious! I had a wonderful creole dishe and there is pub fare and "real" Vermont dishes as well! Serving dinner Wednesday through Sunday! Thanks for a nice stay!

Date of stay: July 2018