“Food a Little Salty”

Sabai Sabai
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I wasn't impressed, the STIR FRIED BASIL with beef, chili, onions, bell peppers and basil leaves.
I found this dish to be very salty. My friend had who eats here on a regular basis had PRA RAM
Choice of vegetarian, meat or seafood with steamed broccoli tossed and peanut sauce and said it was very good.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

For an entree, I usually get Pad Kee Mao (similar to drunken noodles), which is great. My wife likes the curries, which are also outstanding. The Tom Kha Soup is probaby the best we have had. This place serves top notch authentic Thai food right here in Middlebury. Not sure about the Japanese entrees - have not tried them.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I had my second dinner here last night. Both meals have been delicious. Both times I had a the chicken satay and a shrimp dish that was the special. Loved the satay and a very good peanut sauce. The Jasmine rice is wonderful - it comes in a pyramid shape next to the main course. The garlic sauce was great - sweet and savory. The shrimp could have been slightly less done, but were still good. My only complaint is that the price of the special seemed a bit high for the meal. Since I live in town I'll come back as it's such tasty food, but I may try something else next time to see if the price seems better.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We have had nothing but good experiences at this popular, sometimes crowded, restaurant. Week nights, and going on the early side, helps to avoid having to wait for a table. Massaman Curry, Pad qui mao (sp?), and sushi (try Psycho Rolls or Krunchy Rolls) have all been fresh and delicious. Servers are helpful and cheery. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went here on a Friday night. The restaurant was busy, but we were promised a table in 5-10 minutes, and the hostess made good on her promise. The freshly rolls looked quite appealing as an appetiser, but, unfortunately, they were out that night and we settled for egg rolls, which were very good. The pad Thai was one of the better ones I've had, and my wife was well pleased with her sushi. The place was very noisy when we first sat down, but we had arrived 20-30 minutes before the end of service, so most people were finished by the time our starters arrived. The service was very friendly and efficient. We were both satisfied with our meal, and plan to return on our next visit to Middlebury.