All reviews afternoon tea breakfast buffet main building morgan tavern in town annex room new england college visit cookies old building town green within walking distance very pleasant stay parking lot sitting room air conditioner fitness center
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I love the charm of the Middlebury Inn, and the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. The beds are very comfortable too. But I had a bad experience with my room on my last visit. Do not stay in room 126. There is an office below and you can hear all conversations going on. Also, you can hear the TV from the room next door pretty clearly. So there is unacceptable noise day and night. I have stayed here before--in another room--and was very pleased.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim H, General Manager at Middlebury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Marguerite

Thank you for filling out a review. I will be discussing the noise from office below with staff and work on soundproofing or rearranging of furniture in the room to reduce the ability to hear noise coming from outside of the room. We take your ability to relax while visiting the Middlebury Inn seriously and will work to mitigate the interruptions.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

We love the charm and ambience of the inn. The breakfast buffet is very good as well. The best part is to be able to walk around town from the inn. What a beautiful village with the waterfall in the heart of it. Super shopping too!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim H, General Manager at Middlebury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for your review. I hope the accommodations matched your overall experience. We hope to be able to host you again!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We've stayed twice at the Inn, once last year in the Annex, which is standard motel, this time in the Inn itself, which is an experience.

It's an old building, with hills and valleys in the floors, lots of creaky floorboards (but you can't hear folks walking by), but an incredible amount of charm. I doo recommend some exploring - lots of interesting pictures of the Inn and locale on the walls. We had a room with a sitting room and a fancy tub (free upgrade from the annex). The only major issue was with people upstairs who were first very...persistent...and then proceeded to run in place for a half hour (or they were giant bunnies) until I literally banged on the ceiling. I actually walked upstairs to check whether we were under an exercise room.

Staff is good, breakfast buffet was varied and tasty. Parking for the Inn itself is not super, and the only elevator requires a staff person to run it.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Jim H, General Manager at Middlebury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Michael

Thank you for your feedback. We do have an Historic Inn that has many eclectic features that people often comment on. One of which is our original and safe elevator. Nothing like a personal escort to take a ride. I do hope the guest noise from above didn't keep you awake.
In the future please let the front desk staff know so we can address that concern.

Have a great rest of your winter and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Quintessential New England Inn experience. Absolutely lovely. Charm aplenty. Location is superb - all of downtown Middlebury is in walking distance. My only downside was the noise level of the fan on the heater/AC unit in the room. This would not detract me from coming back - I would just bring earplugs. The noise did not affect my young adult daughter.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim H, General Manager at Middlebury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank you for your review. I will research the room you where in and assess the unit that was a little noisy. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Very friendly staff.
Could use a good dusting. But overall, very nice stay. Would recommend to friends. Within walking distance to downtown and other places to visit in Middlebury. Enjoyed seeing the original fixtures in the room and throughout the inn.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review. I will let the housekeeping staff know to spent a little extra time dusting. We look forward to seeing you again.