All reviews social hour wine hour front porch walking stick fire pit yoga mat small lap pool fireplace king spacious porch hotel is beautiful indoor fireplace hotel restaurant dog friendly hotel rocking chairs chocolate covered strawberries complimentary coffee glass of wine
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We loved this IHG property nestled in a valley of the Green Mountains. The rooms were very nice and the bath robes were wonderful! You have to ask to have a coffee pot brought to your room. The drinks in the bar were quite expensive. Rooms can also be quite expensive in the fall. Be aware of a “resort fee” that may be added to your room charge.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trodenbeck
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The Kimpton Taconic is a charming place with a large front porch and outside patio seating with a fire pit. The dining/bar area has a fireplace you can sit around, as does the lobby. The hotel is very clean.
You have to ask for a coffee pot to be brought to your room.
The hotel is pet friendly but we were awakened every morning at 6 am or earlier by big dogs barking so that was a downfall. Location is good.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank rotherjoann
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights with our 11 month old puppy and could not have received a warmer welcome! The management and staff were absolutely wonderful, and couldn't have been more accommodating. Our room was so cozy, complete with a gas fireplace, and our meals at the hotel restaraunt were delicious. The hotel itself is beautiful with charming details around every corner, and the Hotel shop is lovely. We especially loved the nightly wine social hours in the lobby, which has a beautiful fireplace. We will definitely be recommending the Taconic hotel to friends and family and can't wait to come back again soon!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TMNHMR
John B, General Manager at Kimpton Taconic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you, your husband and your 11 month old pup for choosing Kimpton Taconic Hotel on your most recent trip to Manchester, VT. We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to write such a thorough review of your experience and for sharing it with us and TripAdvisor followers.

We are thrilled to hear that you found the hotel to be a "Lovely New England Getaway" and that the team were wonderful. It is always helpful to know what we do well and were we have opportunities to do better.

Thank you for being our newest advocate and recommending us to family and fiends alike. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest Regards,

John Burnham

Reviewed 24 September 2018

This was not my first time staying in this hotel and in the past I was a very satisfied customer, until my stay the weekend of September 21, 2018.
I have to give the hotel credit for calling me a week in advance to let me know the Copper Grouse would be closed for a private event on Friday, September 21st. No problem I made a dinner reservation at another restaurant.
I had dinner at Copper Grouse on Saturday, September 22nd and decided to have an after dinner drink with friends. We sat at the bar and was told last call would be at 10:15 PM and customers would had to leave the restaurant for a wedding after party by 10:30 PM.
The Taconic had no problem charging me the full weekend price for my room, even though they closed the only restaurant/bar twice during my two night stay.
During check out I did let the front desk staff aware of my dissatisfaction with my stay and was told they would let the dining/catering staff aware of my comments.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laurie8819

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Kimpton Taconic Hotel on your most recent visit to Manchester, VT. We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us and fellow TripAdvisor followers.

We are so glad that you have been a repeat guest and that you have enjoyed your past stays. We apologize that although we did a great job of communicating the restaurant closure on Friday we did not include the private event on Saturday night at 11:00pm. Totally our fault. We do not close the restaurant to private functions very often and are always appreciative of the feedback we receive. It helps us determine whether we should be doing this at all or how we can communicate it better.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future and will to do a better job of communicating anything that may impact your experience.

Warmest Regards,

John Burnham

Reviewed 17 September 2018

The rooms are well appointed, although there is no in-room coffee machine (meh -- the kitchen quickly sends up an excellent pot of fresh coffee). Spacious baths. Good location. Some reviewers have complained about the dogs. OK, I'm allergic to dogs. That's what Benadryl and Sudafed are for (we have cats at home). For us, it was fun to socialize with the woofs and their servants.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple