All reviews social hour wine hour front porch walking stick yoga mat fire pit fireplace king small lap pool spacious porch the hotel's restaurant indoor fireplace the hotel is pet friendly hotel is beautiful rocking chairs chocolate covered strawberries complimentary coffee glass of wine
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We booked a great deal on cyber Monday. We stayed for a weekend in January. The rooms were a nice size - comfy beds and nice bathrooms. We love Manchester and this is definitely a great place to stay. We had dinner in the restaurant which we enjoyed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Happytravelinfamily
John B, General Manager at Kimpton Taconic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Kimpton Taconic Hotel. We truly appreciate that you shared your "great stay" with us and fellow TripAdvisor followers . Glad you had a chance to take advantage of our cyber Monday offer.

We are so delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and our onsite restaurant The Copper Grouse. We thank you for the 4 star rating too.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Until next time, all the best wishes to you and yours.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I am an IHG Platinum Ambassador and as Kimpton has recently become apart of IHG, I hope they change their policies about all the amenities made to loyal IHG guests as Kimpton is now IHG, too. If you are looking for the quintessential Vermont experience i.e. quaint inns, rustic delights or home cooked dinners in your cozy B&B....this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a sleek, well run hotel with 'touches' of Vermont i.e. big fireplace roaring in lovely lobby after dinner in the terrific restaurant for breakfast and dinner and an 'electric' fireplace in your modern 4* hotel room...this is for you. Room is a lovely modern minimalist standard 4 star hotel room. Very nice size and great bed. The heating system is very odd as it seems to blow cold air to keep down the over all heat of the hotel? Not sure why but I was first hot..and then cold throughout the night. I solved it the next evening by covering myself with the bathrobe and the top sheet... mixing and matching throughout the night worked really well. The staff makes the hotel feel homey and is the best quality of the hotel. Wonderful friendly staff (Jessica) and the nicest yet most professional restauant server I've met in a long time, Andrea. She is one of the top assets to the hotel. Jonathan, Lana...all wonderful ambassadors for this hotel. If I'd known the hotel was more of a standard 4* hotel although in Manchester...I'd probably have booked one of the upscale inns. That being said....the hotel was very enjoyable. Two issues I had were the need to spruce up the dirt marks around areas of use such as closet doors, bathroom walls and such. Easy to remove with a cleaner. The other issue is probably the reason most people love this chain and choose to stay here while I found it a bit disappointing. Basically throughout the hotel, I could have been staying in London, Amarillo or Philly....no sense of the region where you are vacationing...this being...Vermont. But as I said...that is my own personal preference and might not be yours. The meals in the Hoel restaurant 'The Copper Grouse' were wonderful. Casual yet
top service and excellent meals. The breakfast dishes are memorable. Lemon Ricotta pancakes, Poppyseed muffins...granola plates and everything you'd expect from an Inn! Oh...even incredible coffee. There is a wine hour in the early evening for guests that is a nice touch and the hotel is generous with amenities. Would I stay in the Kimpton in Vermont again? No. Would I stay in a Kimpton in any major city? Absolutely.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeTerrible

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a Loyal IHG Member. As a new property to the IHG family and with the recent merger of our rewards programs we welcome the feedback of our members. Thank you for choosing Kimpton Taconic Hotel on your most recent visit to Manchester, VT.

We truly value your feedback and I see opportunities where we could have made your stay more enjoyable. Specifically the heating and cooling in the guest room and touching up corners, cleanliness. The housekeeping and general maintenance teams will get on this as they make every effort to make our guests comfortable. I am thrilled that you found many other aspects of our property comfortable and warm, especially the staff. I am proud to and feel honored to work with a team that truly cares about the guest experience, from Jessica, Andrea and Jonathan. I was surprised that you did not find the hotel to compliment the region, Manchester, VT. You are correct, we are not a B&B or upscale Inn but the design concept is rustic elegance. Natures abounds through out the hotel through artwork and the small touches within the guest room including a custom walking stick. I am sorry we were not what you were looking for.

We look forward to welcoming you to other Kimpton Hotels when you travel.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Recently stayed at the Taconic in Manchester Vermont. Professional staff, clean, well appointed rooms. Common areas were comfortable, quiet and sitting by the fire was very relaxing. Short walk to nearby stores and shopping was an added bonus! Will definitely return!

2  Thank Joan S
John B, General Manager at Kimpton Taconic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Joan,

Thank you for choosing Kimpton Taconic Hotel on your most recent trip to Manchester, VT. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us and fellow TripAdvisor followers.

We are delighted to hear that you had a "wonderful stay" and how much you enjoyed the areas in and around the hotel along with the professional staff and clean well appointed rooms. We love the five star rating too.

We are thrilled to hear that you will "definitely return" and we look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I celebrated a birthday weekend the second weekend of December at the Kimpton and it could not have been a better getaway for my friends and I. The hotel was beautifully decorated and festive, the staff was so friendly and warm, and we arrived just in time for social hour to wind down with a glass of wine. The rooms were a bit small, but cozy and equipped with a modern bathroom. We ate dinner at Copper Grouse, and most of the food was amazing. Definitely would recommend. Although I am a pet-lover, the only downfall was the neighboring room left their two dogs early in the morning on their own and their barking interrupting us from sleeping in. However, when bringing up the issue to the front desk, they provided great customer service in lieu of this issue that was out of their control. Their service turned things around for us, and helped us end our trip on a positive note. This ambiance at this hotel made it a perfect getaway for us, especially right before the holidays. Pros: Close to all the shops, and town. Stratton mountain is about 40 minutes away if you are a snowboarder. I am looking forward to visiting the Kimpton again!

Room tip: Quaint, Cozy, Boutique Hotel
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank JANEP1865
John B, General Manager at Kimpton Taconic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Jane,

We love it when our guests experience their "Best Getaway" with us. Thank you for choosing Kimpton Taconic Hotel to celebrate your birthday weekend. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our service, the value and our restaurant the Copper Grouse. I am sorry that the neighboring dog disturbed your visit but I am so happy to hear how the team turned a potential negative experience into a positive one. We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us and fellow TripAdvisor followers.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manchester, VT.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

First off I have to say I am a Kimpton snob - I really appreciate their properties and people and the Taconic was no exception. It was wicked cold when we arrived (-8F) and the bellman greeted us with a smile and a wave like it was 70 and sunny. Check in was simple, room was ready and clean (also as expected) although with 4 people and ski gear it was tight. The rooms are pretty 'small' in that you lose a lot of floor space with 2 queen beds in a 300 SqFt room. Our room had a lovely courtyard view - not many of them have bad views - even the rooms that look @ the parking lot you can see tall trees and mountains in the distance. The hotel is dog friendly and there were more than a few K9s there this past week - made the trip even more enjoyable seeing such well mannered pets welcomed at the hotel.

The atmosphere is charming and quniteseential 'New England'. Warm and welcoming. Clean and fun. The library had kids games, was a gathering place for the evening adult happy hour and was base camp for many folks. The staff was kind enough to allow the kids to take over an unused meeting room for activities and social time.

Only negative was that we could not get reservations at the hotel restaurant / bar because we had not booked in advance - a very popular week so if you want to eat @ the Copper Grouse book your meals as early as possible.

Outdoor fire pit roaring at night, indoor fireplace to help you warm up. Already looking at next year's vacation and staying @ the Taconic.

We decided to travel to Vermont for the Christmas / New Years holiday break and I am glad that we chose Stratton/Manchester vs Lake Tahoe this year as Tahoe was 45 degress and had no snow - not optimal for skiing.

Room tip: only have 3 floors. King 'suites' larger in floor space than Queens and handicap rom has best layout
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Ron M
John B, General Manager at Kimpton Taconic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Ron,

Thank you for choosing Kimpton Taconic Hotel on your most recent visit to Manchester, VT. We love our "Kimpton Snobs" and cannot thank you for enough for being such a loyal fan. We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us and with other TripAdvisor followers. We are so delighted to hear what you liked and what we can possibly do in the future to make it even better. Yes, we always strongly recommending booking dinner reservations at least seven days in advance as our restaurant The Copper Grouse fills up quickly.

Wishing you and yours a healthy and prosperous New Year. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.