All reviews nippers cafe room was clean both breakfast and dinner on site restaurant horse show fire pit the vermont summer festival stratton mountain new england manchester center glass of wine close to town karen stratford shutters mountains vt
Reviewed 17 December 2017

This was my third year in a row staying at the Stamford Motel. I take an annual solo foliage trip with my camera for a few nights each October, and after staying at the Stamford three years ago, I return there for a night each year on my trip through Vermont. This motel has the feel of a bed and breakfast rather than a motel, which I love. The rooms are clean and good sized, and the beds are comfortable (which I need with my back issues). It is set just outside of downtown Manchester, and the views in the morning with the fog lifting off the mountains are gorgeous.
I usually have my dinner at Nippers Cafe, on the same property. I have had fish, beef, and chicken on separate occasions, and have been more than pleased with them all. Karen, the owner, is the server and bartender, and is wonderful. She is very personable, and keeps the family friendly atmosphere relaxed and pleasant.
I love staying at this motel, and highly recommend it. I will be returning next fall!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Karen G, Owner at The Stamford Motel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

WOW!!! 3 times is the charm. Such loving and sweet words. Hope to see you again this year and thanks so much for telling the world.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at The Stamford Motel this weekend to scatter my sister Barbara's ashes. I've been visiting Vermont since I'm a child and for the most part have always stayed at the Stamford. It's always been warm and cozy. When I was younger, Karen's parents owned it. My dad and Steve would always sit by the birch tree and talk. We used to bring their dog Kramer a doggie bag from Sirloin Saloon. So many wonderful memories from this beautiful state and The Stamford. Now Karen and her husband Adam own it. They've upgraded the rooms and bathrooms. Still warm and cozy but with their stamp on it. This weekend Karen sat out with us by their beautiful fire pit. We had an amazing breakfast at Nippers Cafe. Vermont and The Stamford will always be special to me and I thank the Geriak family for being a big part of that.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe0430

You guys are amazing!!!!!! It is very much appreciative that you continue you to return to our place. Many man years we have had some highs which I think we are at now and we have had some lows. I feel the property is quite amazing right now. Many great memories. Thanks, Karen

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The rooms were spacious and clean.We stayed in a dog friendly room.We were all quite comfortable.
The view of the mountains was spectacular and the fall colors were beautiful.
We enjoyed a large fire pit complete with comfortable chairs and a glass of wine in the evening.
The motel was ten minutes from main attractions. It also features a "Nippy's Cafe",restaurant that served delicious food along with friendly service right on the premises.How convenient!
The owners were personable, helpful,and sociable.
Loved,loved,loved this place.

Room Tip: corner room was a nice size
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank tabbssong

You lucked out with the colors one never knows when the peak of foliage might be or if a storm gets rid of all of the leaves. Thrilled you had a great weekend.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The Stamford is always cozy and comfortable. The rooms and bathrooms have been nicely redone. The grounds are well taken care of and the fire pit is awesome. Karen was nice enough to sit with us both nights after the restaurant closed. Breakfast at Nippers was wonderful as always. They have the best corned beef hash. As always we enjoyed our stay and look forward to staying there again soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

How did I miss this. It was a great weekend for you guys!!!! So nice that you stayed with us once again. Thanks for the kind words.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Only book here if you and your family are healthy and you know you can go. We so wanted to stay here but due to a serious family emergency we are not going to be able to to go. Karen told us have to pay anyway! One can't predict illness or death...hurtful and unfair to be charged for it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan S

Karen G, Owner at The Stamford Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, Oct 6, 2017
You were made well aware of our policy over the phone and the policy is stated on our website. I remember speaking with you and you were a bit nervous about making the reservation because of an illness in the family. I told you only to make the reservation if you felt comfortable with the cancellation policy. Unfortunately in life stuff happens. As per our policy I would have been willing to credit you money if the room was booked. Unfortunately I only have 12 rooms and I can't be out because of the circumstances in your life, wether it is an actual death or you choose not to come because it is going to rain.

You initially called and stated that a death had occurred. I told you I was in the middle of waitressing breakfast but as our policy is that you would be responsible for the room. You got nasty and I mean nasty and told me that if "I charged you" that you would write a bad review to get back at me. You later sent an e-mail. I responded and told you I was willing to meet you half way but didn't appreciate being bullied or threatened. If you choose not to write a review I would charge you 1/2 figuring I was compromising for your situation and you would be thrilled to meet in the middle. Unfortunately for yourself you choose to take another path.

"Hi Karen, I do appreciate you taking the time to respond to me. I take offense to being called names. I am a retired educator, wife, mum and grandmother to five. I don't lie, bully or threaten anyone. I simply wrote a review. I certainly didn't say anything nasty and I never would write anything nasty in any forum. In the future maybe sending a confirmation {which I did ask for and did not receive} with your policy attached might be helpful. Wishing you and your business the best. Do what you feel is right. Sue Sczerba"

Yes, in the end I unfortunately had to charge you the 2 nights as our cancellation policy states because you were unwilling to compromise and anyone who threatens someone is a bully.