Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
An absolutely WONDERFUL experience! Totally a must-do!

Oh my goodness, where do I begin?! I planned a trip to Manchester, Vermont for my grandmothers 80th... read more

Reviewed 27 October 2018
emmielikestotravel
New York City, New York
Backroad discovery tour Manchester Vermont

My husband and I are traveling with our therapy dog and Sharon allowed us to bring her providing... read more

Reviewed 27 October 2018
lindavalentini
Mahwah, New Jersey
via mobile

All reviews marble quarry alpaca farm real vermont back roads maple syrup merck forest booked this tour manchester area vermont history hour tour fall foliage tour highly recommend this tour swimming hole wonderful sights a great tour guide three hours dorset inn
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Guide was friendly and showed us some highlights of the Manchester area. Had a great time with family, woud reccomend.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We are so grateful to Sharon for her wonderful tour. Traveling with four teens is a challenge, but she kept our whole family engaged driving us to unforgettable locations around Manchester and sharing interesting facts about the great state of Vermont. She also gave us tips on where to eat and shop.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

In all of the years we have ben coming to Vermont, we have visited quite a number of attractions but never have taken an historical tour. We found Backroad Discovery on the Internet and decide to sign up for the AM historical tour. Our guide, Dick , was was quite knowledgeable with both facts and stories about colonial Vermont. We traveled to Old Bennington and learned about Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys and learned about their role in the American Revolution. We visited the old cemetery and the site if the Catamount Tavern. We also viewed the Battle Monument. Our guide provided us with maps and photos to supplement his tour. Dick also provided us with the back story about the making of the film "Baby Boom," which we enjoyed. We would strongly recommend this tour to first timers and history buffs alike.

1  Thank tikvah48
Reviewed 24 July 2017

After coming to Vermont with friends each summer for the past 10 years, I questioned what else a "guided tour" could provide, other than different views of Vermont's spectacular scenery. Well, I was pleasantly surprised when Sharon, our tour guide, shepherded us to places nestled in these green mountains that we would never have found on our own. Or, if we found them, would never have had access to the history she shared about them. Sharon even stopped in the perfect "photo-op" spot, and took group shots of my girlfriends and me. She ended the tour with her original Haikus (my friends and I are poets). Perfect! I want more!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Comprehensive tour that shows you parts of southern Vermont and lets you gain a clearer perspective of how truly beautiful the State is. Our tour guide was informative and took the time to bring us into her narrative to make us feel part of the whole experience. We highly recommend the tour on Day 1 of your stay.

Date of experience: July 2017