All reviewstennis courtsgolf coursefishing pondcontinental breakfastnine holeoutdoor poolye olde taverntwo sinkscoffee cakewalking distancebeautiful groundsking suiteliving roombagelsfull kitchenclose proximityroom was large
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I was in Manchester for work and decided to stay at the Palmer House based on previous reviews. The place was clean. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was a simple carb lovers fare. The room had everything I needed. Unfortunately it smelled like 1986. You had to walk over a dirty (stained not unclean) entrance to get to the bathroom. There were doors on either side of the room which I’m sure is nicer in the summer but not needed in the winter. Something outside one of the doors was so loud that I had to get out of bed and download a noise machine on my phone to get some sleep. I’m a light sleeper so light, sound and mattress makes a huge difference to me. The mattress was super hard.

Generally it was fine. I probably won’t go back though. I suspect you’ll enjoy it in the summer far more.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Alan G, General Manager at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property.

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We are in the process of renovating the rooms and hope to have them done before summer.

We hope that you give us another try and please give me a call so I can personally make sure you are in a renovated room when you return.

Alan Goldstein

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stayed at the Palmer Inn recently for a two-night skiing vacation. The King room was much bigger than I had expected. The bathroom area is in another room behind the main room and there was a very large counter with an extra sink outside the bathroom area. There was a fridge, sofa, table and chair in addition to a dresser and side tables. Comfortable, quiet and clean. Full tub with shower. Each unit has a separate outdoor entrance. Very nice employees. Close proximity to Bromley mountain and to downtown Manchester shops and restaurants. The pool was in a different building and with weather below zero when we were there, it wasn't feasible to use it--just too cold outside for us to hop in a freezing cold car or to walk with wet hair back to our room. Plenty to eat for the continental breakfast, but would have liked to see a couple more choices like fruits, hard boiled eggs, or a couple of different cereals. The homemade breads from a local bakery at the breakfast were exceptionally good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Alan G, General Manager at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.

We feel that we are the best value in the area and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We stayed in the kings suite for three nights. There is a lovely jacuzzi and fire place in the suite alongside a mini kitchen. There is a complementary breakfast included although we wished they would serve eggs. Besides that no complaints:)!

Room Tip: Choose the kings suite.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

We feel that our Suites are as nice as any in the area and we are pleased you enjoyed them.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

The breakfast was good, I booked on Expedia and it was a tad misleading as I thought we would have one of the King Suites with a fireplace but we did not, I think that may have been Expedia's issue not the hotels.

Breakfast was very good, nothing hot except toast and coffee but we were pleased with it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan8785676486

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property.

I am sorry that there was confusion on the Expedia Site.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again and call the property direct to make your reservation so we can be sure you get the room you want.

We look forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed 18 December 2017

we reserved a king suite with fire place. the temperature was in the teens and the wind was howling but our unit was toasty warm upon arrival . the fire place in the living room was so comforting and the king size bed was so comfortable it was difficult to leave it. The bathroom was huge with a walk in shower,jacuzzi and double sink. Everything was sparkly clean It was too cold to sit on our balcony but the view was amazing and suggests a return in the spring..We walked to Ye Olde Tavern for dinner which was a culinary delight . A continental breakfast was served in a bright and sunny room near the office. . We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Alan G, General Manager at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.

We work very hard to make our property warm and inviting for all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the Spring.