The Equinox Resort is ideally located at the base of Equinox Mountain; the hiking trails can be found at the back side of the property. The town "center" is not walking distance to the resort but a shuttle is available for guests free of charge.
The rooms in the Orvis building are very VERY small. The bathroom door, for example, opens outward as there is no space for it to open INTO the airline-size bathroom; and the door brushes the edge of the bed and can only open 90 degrees before hitting the nightstand. Tiny! The bathroom is badly lit; there is no counter space (toothpaste and toothbrush were left in the sink); and the water temperature was tepid at best and held on for 3-5 minutes (bully for the environment!). How much time you wish to spend IN your room in such a beautiful location is a matter of personal taste; but, at these prices ($400/night), I expected more room.
Room service was fast and the staff (in this department) was ideal; the food, though, was below average (mediocre caesar; bland BLT; etc.). The staff in other departments (front desk, valet, housekeeping) were ineffectual and/or blithely incompetent though VERY polite and courteous. The defining moment was when the shuttle simply forgot to pick us up to return to the hotel; fortunately, a 30 minute walk (at 10:45pm along a dark two-lane highway) brought us to the local (and very friendly) police station who arranged for us to get back to the hotel.
The hotel website has recommendations on local activities; although I made arrangements directly, the property is to be commended and thanked for guiding us to two of the more enjoyable experiences on our road trip (fly fishing through Orvis; and glassblowing through Manchester Hot Glass).
I would recommend, albeit with reservations, this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting under the shadow of Vermont's Green Mountains on 1,300 acres in the quaint village of Manchester, The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa awaits your discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equinox Hotel Manchester
- The Equinox Resort And Spa
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Resort