“Becoming Healthier without distractions”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludlow
Green Mountain at Fox Run
“Becoming Healthier without distractions”
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

Green Mountain at Fox Run delivered everything it promised, a non-diet approach to heathy eating plus fabulous exercise opportunities both on and off site. Transportation was provided for off site activities which included fun local activities with the townspeople. We attended a free local concert and the fourth of July fireworks. Staff was professiosnal, insightful, and attentive. My single room had a beautuful view of Okemo Mountain and was spacious, clean and comfortable. Ambassoders (3 month volunteers ) were available to answer questions and solve problems on weekends and off hours and were as professional as the paid staff. The same could be said for the student interns. It's been two months since my 2 week stay and I'm still following the new behaviors I learned and Green Mountain keeps me updated with e-mails. I'd return if I needed to, but I think I got what I needed in my two weeks there.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Irene C
ahwayler, Owner at Green Mountain at Fox Run, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Irene, I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and are finding continued success at home. Thanks for the feedback on our ambassadors and interns - we think they're pretty great, too.

All my best,

Alan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dillon Beach, California
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Wow, where to start. From all the reviews I expected an older facility, some what run down but with good programs. What I found was a clean, updated, well kept facility which exceeded my expectations in every way. Instruction was top notch, professional and experienced. I am 56 years old and have spent my adult life with personal trainers. The trainers here were equal if not better than any I have had. Their modifications for my shoulder and knee limitations were perfect.
Food was great and they made substitutions or additions when I asked. It was the best "Me" vacation I have ever had. It was a break from my normal routine and heaven having someone else prepare my meals that were healthy and delicious. All I had to do each day was decide how to spend my day. What I did was exercise, eat, hike, go to classes on interesting topics and meet other intelligent, thoughtful caring women. It doesn't get better than that. I hope to go back in 2013.

Room Tip: I did the triple so I could afford to stay two weeks. Worked for me and I met two wonderful women I...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank BarbaraDillonBeach
Barbara,

Thanks so much for your feedback. We strive to make sure every woman receives a very personal experience at Green Mountain, and I'm so pleased to hear you received the modifications and options you needed to make your stay here a success.

All my best,

Alan
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I attended Green Mountain in the June of 2011 as a 22-year-old female battling with binge eating disorder. As I searched high and low for the perfect place to help me turn my life around, I fortunately stumbled across Green Mountain and in four weeks the program helped me change my outlook on food, exercise, and life in general. Even though a lot of women who attend the program are originally looking for a quick fix to shedding some pounds, Green Mountain is about so much more than weight loss. I know that was my intention as I surfed the internet late last May but as I read the information on the website and then sat through the classes, I realized weight loss was going to be a healthy benefit of changing my current patterns.

For four weeks I had nothing and no one else to worry about except for myself which allowed me the space and time to re-learn who I was, what I liked, and why I was using food as a coping mechanism. Along with therapeutic alone time, insightful classes, and tiring yet powerful body movements and workouts, you are given the opportunity to add more to your daily schedule (i.e. behavioral sessions, personal training sessions, health sessions with a dietician). I personally took full advantage of the behavior sessions with Darla Breckenridge. The bond I was able to form with her was unlike any other client-therapist relationship I had attempted to be a part of prior to my visit at Green Mountain. We still keep in touch through our phone sessions and I am one of her biggest advocates in terms of her style, demeanor, tactics, and love.

Green Mountain's focus is on how we, as busy, stressed, confused, or even self-loathing women can turn our focus from self-sabotaging with food to nurturing ourselves with other forms of healthy comfort. The program is not about weight loss, but about self-respect gain. I do think it's relevant to mention for those of you wondering, that I have lost a substantial amount of weight since attending the program as a healthy "side effect" of starting the journey by unraveling the pain in my heart, the dilemmas in my head, and the demons I had surrounding food. Since I left Green Mountain, there have been times of indulgence, times of over eating, and times of food confusion but there have been no binges, no secret eating, and very limited emotional eating. Although I'm not completely freed from food, as it was my best friend for so long, I'm in the transitional stages of eating to live and not living to eat.

Room Tip: You have choices of single rooms, doubles, or triples. I personally stayed in a single and loved my...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
15 Thank Jacki M
ahwayler, Owner at Green Mountain at Fox Run, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
We are so pleased that Green Mountain had such an impact on you. We wish you continued health and happiness in your journey. Alan
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Originally I was just interested in taking a retreat to get back into a healthier lifestyle and jumpstart my plan to maintain a much lower weight. I did a lot of research and I chose GM because it seemed to be somewhat less expensive than some of the other programs and it seemed more centered around the program rather than the resort it was located in. The mountain has breathtaking views of beautiful Vermont and I was lucky enough to have a room looking out at Okemo Mountain. The food was wonderful, really a pleasure to sit in the dining room and enjoy gourmet meals. They were able to make allowances for my food allergies and I was surprised at the variety of foods we had to eat while I was there. The staff is amazing. They were enthusiastic and very receptive to questions. The exercise classes were terrific and there were more than just one or two choices for activities. I enjoyed being outside and walking trails with my new friends. I was surprised how many different types of women were here and how many different age groups there were. It made the classes very lively and interesting. I learned so much more than I expected to and made some friends for life. This is an amazing program and if you are ready to make a change in your life, this is the place that can help you do that. It's not a resort type place, but it is very comfortable and the rooms are very clean and functional. The location can't be beat and there are a lot of places to visit in the area. I just had a wonderful time and I'm so grateful to be back on track and taking care of myself the way I always wanted to. I will be coming here again.

Room Tip: You want to be on the Okemo Mountain side.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank K_mancarella
Bedford, New Hamphsire
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I'm a nurse and I've made 2 trips to Green Mountain at Fox Run in the last 9 months: 2 weeks in July 2011 and 9 days in January 2012.. I had researched other weight loss spas and found that Green Mountain offered a unique philosophy for losing weight and improving health that was right for me. At 52, I wasn't looking to get a massage each day, I was looking for a way to decrease my cardiac risk. After years of losing and gaining the same 30 lbs, Green Mountain has given me the tools for permanent weight loss. I've lowered my blood pressure medication, my triglycerides and my cholesterol level. Through a comprehensive program that focuses on mindful living and behavioral change, Green Mountain offers many fitness and nutrition options for women at all levels of health and health needs. The amazing Green Mountain staff taught me skills I'd never learned while dieting and 9 months later they're still working for me.It is a combination of mindful eating, mindful relaxation, daily movement, a favorite sport, without a diet mentality. I chose mindfully and I feel better than I have in years.

I thought the food was excellently prepared and presented - challenging you at breakfast by offering a buffet style. This taught me the importance of eating a variety of foods at each meal and most importantly, portion control. I also liked the chef's classes - fun and very informative, with the option of taste testing! You get recipes galore, both printed and online - with access to buy the Green Mountain cookbooks.

The spa setting is spectacular - nestled in the mountains of southern Vermont, Green Mountain offers wonderful outdoor activities for women who enjoy nature. While the summer is beautiful in Vermont, I returned in the winter to take advantage of winter sports. We hiked on the beautiful snow covered trails and went sledding and snowshoeing on the golf course next to the resort. The accommodations are perfect for those seeking great value. Whether your focus is comfort and relaxation or taking advantage of everything the spa has to offer, you won't be dissapointed. After our excercise classes - including water aerobics at a nearby resort, we took advantage of local activities like shopping, dinner and dancing in the local area. Don't miss a trip to Woodstock (and the Woodstock Inn) if your looking for some New England charm and elegance.

Another great aspect of Green Mountain for me was meeting women from all over the country. I have made some great friends and stay connected with them online as we support each other's fitness and nutritions goals. I continue to use the alumnae resources like coaching support from staff that are available on the spa's website. I'm planning a trip back with a group in September to see the foliage, which I hear is amazing.

I would give Green Mountain my highest recommendation as a well rounded weight loss spa that focuses on teaching the skills necessary for better health and permanent weight loss. If you're looking for a program that works, this is it.

Room Tip: I've stay on both the second and third floors. I'd chose the third floor again for the view!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
13 Thank Victoria603
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
1.8 km away
2.4 km away
The Pettigrew Inn
The Pettigrew Inn
#3 of 7 in Ludlow

Been to Green Mountain at Fox Run? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK