All reviewsnew ownersappalachian trail adventuresthe pubindoor hot tubpoolside barphoto boothsaint bernardschange of ownershiphot and cold selectionsfull menuold charmlawn gamesturned aroundnice bonusold schoolliving roomthis past weekend
Reviewed 14 February 2018

For almost $300 a night our room was NOT cleaned before we checked in. Oh wait, after there was no parking for our car. NONE. The staff finally told us that two housekeeper's called out that day and they were understaffed. This was after I found hairs in the bathroom, and then when I looked inside the bed, it was filthy and hairs were everywhere. I was furious I had to call the front desk and ask them to change the sheets in front of me. I feel like the staff is really underpaid and for that, I also felt bad. They offered us two complimentary glasses of wine and upon check-out, were were charged for them, on our bill. REALLY?! At least the one man who worked there (Super nice) drove us to dinner, which was nice. We should have asked for a full refund. Also in the room their is an envelope from Housekeeping when you check-in that says TIPS. A TIP? REALLY?! Super tacky and the rooms are not clean. Breakfast was good, but again TIPS appreciated, WE GET IT. Summit Lodge, please pay your employees more, so your guest do not feel super uncomfortable about tipping. Also, the fan in our bathroom was so dirty it looked like it had never been cleaned. It was extremely loud and unpleasant to be around. Again for $280 a night, really?!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Summit L, Owner at Summit Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

I am really sorry you had such a bad experience at our Lodge believe me this is not the level of service we have set for our hotel, Our staff are very well paid and their is no excuse for rooms not being ready prior to guests arriving which I have addressed with my team. I would love the opportunity to have you return to the Summit Lodge and experience the level of service we actually promote and of course your stay will be on me.

Regards
Emmett O'Dwyer

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We had often stayed here for our past ski trips ..the dogs (then) drew us back each time and we miss them!!. However, it still remains a great place to stay and credit goes to their courteous and attentive staff, the scrumptious breakfast, hot tub and heated outdoor pool, and the “old world” charm with several large fireplaces throughout. Our room was a little cool (for my liking) but all other systems worked perfectly during our stay. We would recommend to anyone who wants to stay away from the “cattle market” type hotel environment.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

David,

Thanks for taking the time to review us and yes we all miss the dogs but they are happy with Billy in North Carolina having a long deserved rest, look forward to seeing you again real soon

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We wanted a ski lodge type accommodations. We sure hit the jackpot on this place. From the moment we walked in we were delighted! The lobby area was spacious and cozy. There are fireplaces all over the lodge. We had a very nice room with two double beds. The beds were comfy. The room was clean and quiet. we loved the game cupboard. We played games in front of the fire and the bartender even brought up a beer for me. The hot tub was clean and hot enough. I jumped in the outdoor heated pool to cool off and then hit the sauna. We even loved the downstairs pub. Had a great salad and chicken pot pie. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank skichels
SummitLodge1, Owner at Summit Lodge & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review our Lodge we are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future

Reviewed 31 January 2018

The Summit Lodge is on the Access road, close enough to the slopes that you do not overheat in the car on the way to ski. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly and they give great advice on your choices during your stay. The room was rustic and comfortable. The indoor hot tub and outdoor pool were welcome relaxation spots after a hard day on the slopes. I thoroughly enjoyed the free breakfast that was waitstaff served fresh with a lot of choices, far better than the standard buffet at other hotels. There is a pool table, bar with a great bartender and a relaxing lounge room that has a glowing fireplace. And you can get bar service there as well. We did not try the dinner preferring to explore the offerings on the access road. The only negative, which seems to happen at a lot of different Killington lodging choices is water pressure in the shower. Even though it has a lot of rooms it is very much like a bed and breakfast and you are treated like family. I recommend staying at the Summit and I will return next time I go to Killington.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, next time you will have to try O'Dwyer's restaurant you wont be dissapointed

Reviewed 27 January 2018

We have been coming to the Summit Lodge for nearly 40 years, so let me begin my review by saying that the Lodge holds sentimental value for us personally. Of course we miss the Saint Bernards greeting us by the front desk, but the new owners, the O'Dwyers, have wisely kept some canine memorabilia.
So here's the scoop:
On the upside, the food in the pub is now really good, especially the hand-cut fries and the soup. The atmosphere is friendly and the services is excellent. We love having our drinks served to us in the hot tub, which has been scrupulously maintained.
On the downside, the bathrooms in the rooms are in rough shape. Not that they are dirty, they are just very, very old. The new owners plan to replace them soon.
Overall, we still love the homey atmosphere, the real fireplace and the beautiful grounds. The O'Dwyers know what they have to do, and we look forward to visiting again next year.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank frumie

Thank you for taking the time to review us, yes we do know what we have to do and are getting straight on it during this shutdown, look forward to seeing you again soon