“Surprisingly good, but be patient ”
Review of Fran's

Fran's
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Jamaica
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Fran's is a very small place with only a few tables and a counter. It gets busy during meal times and the wait can be long for either eat in or takeout.

It has an Asian and Italian menu. You have to assume the two who run it have affinities to each culture.

Fran is welcoming, but busy. Help to clear off a table if you want to sit faster.

No credit card tips allowed, only cash. No wifi or cell signal there. It's good to disconnect during a meal.

We had breakfast sandwiches, vegetable dumplings, Singapore noodles, a tomato and mozzarella pizza, and Pad Thai. There wasn't much curry to the Singapore noodles, but hey were tasty. The pad Thai was enjoyable and the pizza was really good (and I'm from NY, so the standard is high).

Fran's is great if you have patience or call ahead for takeout. Well worth the wait.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Was surprised to find a Filipino woman working here in one of the whitest and least diverse parts of the country. The pizza was like most pizza in VT - one step above something out of a frozen food box. The Asian dishes, and more specifically the Filipino dishes however are very good. This isn't high end food, but instead very casual, authentic, and well prepared.
I haven't tried breakfast yet but it's a great place for lunch.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Must go! My family and I had just checked out of Stratton Mountain resort and wanted to find a different place to have breakfast on our way back home. We were extremely lucky to stumble upon Fran’s Kitchen & Diner. What a special place. Yes, the food is GREAT. Yes, the hot chocolate is UNBELIEVABLE (they make the chocolate themselves!). But the most “Yes” of all is just experiencing all of that in a place that you know has someone working hard and caring for it 24/7. Fran is adorable and also a very attentive business owner, who clearly takes pride on what she has created, who constantly worries about her business success and her clients’ satisfaction and who just wants to be successful enough to be able to continue doing what she loves doing. If you have the chance, just drop by and help her continue to be successful.

This is the first review I have ever posted in my life. I am only doing it for Fran. We need more Frans out there. Good luck, Fran!

1  Thank Rafael E
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

You want pancakes and eggs? You want a NY style pizza? You want some Pad Thai? They have it all and the food is amazing.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for breakfast and I ordered the corn beef hash with eggs and toast. The hash was fantastic and would definitely order again. My wife got two pancakes with Bacon, which was also excellent. The bacon had a nice maple flavor and was excellent quality. The service is great and the staff is very nice and the prices are very reasonable. I would love to try the lunch and dinner menu items as they look excellent. I would go back.