Grafton Inn
Motel in the Meadow(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
Magic View Motel(Londonderry)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
Holiday Inn Express Springfield(Springfield)
US$ 153
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$ 148
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$ 253
Black Bear Lodge(Stratton Mountain)
US$ 157
Timber Inn Motel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
US$ 141
Snowdon Chalet(Londonderry)
TripAdvisor
Stratton Mountain Resort(Stratton Mountain)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsphelps barnnew englandcheese shopthe main dining roomlocal cheesebeautiful villageoutdoor centerwedding weekendmain buildingcountry breakfastcheese and crackersgeneral storefront porchcross country skiget away from it allcharming placebreakfast was included
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My husband and I were married here at the beginning of the month. We had attended a wedding here last year, and loved the intimate feel of the Inn and so decided to book our wedding here too. The fact that our relatives (who had never met each other) could come for the whole weekend and have time to get to know each other made it that much more appealing. Having people coming from far and wide, we also wanted to be able to visit with them all weekend, as opposed to the typical wedding where you just see each other for about 5 hours at the reception and then go home again. We had enough guests that we were able to book all of the rooms, which definitely helped to increase the feeling of camaraderie and closeness.

We had a short engagement, but the planning of the wedding did not suffer as a result of this- Kathy and John and their team were extremely organized and they made it a completely stress-free planning process and weekend for us. Most brides say that their wedding was a blur and they don't remember most of it, but I had quite the opposite experience- I trusted that the team at the Inn knew how to take care of the details, and I was able to savor every moment of the weekend. From providing towels for a Polar Bear Plunge in the swimming hole, to setting up suite 1 to accommodate my elderly wheelchair-dependent father, the staff was very flexible. There was no request or detail too small for them to tackle. I have also had many of our guests tell me that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding (the rack of lamb was phenominal). I cannot recommend the Grafton Inn highly enough- we will truly remember our wedding weekend as a highlight of our lives, and I think that we managed to create a memorable and fun experience for our guests as well.

Room Tip: The Inn has about 45 rooms. If you have additional guests who need near-by accommodations, some of our guests stayed at the Inn at Woodchuck Hill Farm in Grafton and really enjoyed it, and others stayed at the Inn Victoria in Chester, which was also got great reviews.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KECMH
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My husband and I and other family members attended a most wonderful wedding at the Grafton Inn, November3-5. Aside from the fact the bride and groom are unbelievably fantastic hosts, the Inn supported everyone to the fullest throughout all the festivities. Our room was simply lovely. We stayed in Barrett 2. The bed was a like sleeping on a cloud. The pillows were soft but very supportive. There are antiques throughout the Inn and our rooms were no exception. The decor is very New England, 19th century and well cared for. The staff with the bride and groom had everything planned from a welcome gift on arrival, to sparklers after the wedding, a beautiful dinner and a great barn to dance the night away, which we did. During the stay, we were able to explore the Vermont countryside, so beautiful in the fall. We bought lots of maple syrup of course.. The town is off the beaten track which was very much to our liking. We were able to meet several of the other guests in this intimate atmosphere. Kudos to the Grafton Inn for making our stay so comfortable and memorable. A wonderful get away!

Room Tip: B1 has a jacuzzi
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2011

My husband and I have spent several anniversaries and other special occasions at this charming Inn which happens to be in a small town that is truly the essence of taking a step back in time. On Oct 31,after being without power for 2 nights,it was evident that we were not about to get it back for a couple more days,My husband called the Tavern and booked us for a couple of nights,but they assured us that we could stay through Thurs night,Nov,3. if need be. Unfortunately,we would have to vacate,if need be,Fri. A.M. as the entire facility had been booked for a weekend wedding. Fri AM arrived and it appeared we would be without power until Sun night and mentally prepared ourselves to depart-- and hoped the innkeepers could help us find another site. Sure enough,they did---right there in Room 50 , which had not been part of the wedding package. You see, this room is in the basement of the Windham Cottage, the 1st room we stayed in many years ago(pre air conditioned rooms) and was billed as the coolest room in the summer. The staff probably decided it was not quite up to the other rooms' standards Initially,I was not eager to "abandon" our small community in Ct ,but my husband said to me nightly at the dinner table in the beautiful dining room ,"I'm so glad you came with me." In retrospect, I'm glad I did .. We can't find enough adjectives to describe the manner in which all guests are treated ----and the innkeepers,John and Kathy Cray, couldn't have been more accomodating . It is truly one of our most favorite places to spend a night or two---or even a week ,as the case may be. And yes,we had fun watching the wedding festivities ---inconspicuously. .

Room Tip: They're all quaint and lovely in their own way.The only room we did not care for was the third floor suite in The Homestead,We had booked late in leafpeeping season and that was the only accomodation left.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

About 125 of us descended on this inn for the the weekend for my sister's wedding. It was not the easiest destination, given that we came from 3 countries and about 18 different US states. However, once there, we all relaxed, spread out, went walking in woods, ate great food, had a group polar bear plunge (November dip in the local swimming hole), and generally had a fabulous time. The staff helped make sure that every little detail was taken care of. Kathy is a true gem! She even had someone from maintenance staff install a hand held shower nozzle for my elderly father! The beds are incredibly comfortable! Every room had it's own character, some twin beds, full beds, queens, double queens, and suites. Singles and families of 5 alike all enjoyed the accommodations. Even the night desk attendant was superb! Definitely check it out! A GREAT place for a wedding!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of the cottages. There are a variety of room configurations. Ask for help in booking!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank myvers o
Reviewed 29 October 2011

This beautiful old inn was the location recently of an intimate wedding weekend. The staff are really lovely people and the inn is very pretty & well kept. The best surprise is how fantastic the food was. We really enjoyed the 'Barn Pub' for relaxing drinks in a casual atmosphere, too. This inn really is best for an adult weekend 'away from it all'. There is very little to do if you are interested in nightlife or live music. However, if you would like to spend time walking and/or hiking and then having a lovely dinner in the evenings, then this is an ideal place.

Every room is different, which is part of the charm. The rooms are really lovely with pretty views of this very small town. The locals are very welcoming and helpful, too.

We'll be heading back with friends but without our kids, as soon as we can manage !!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple