All reviewsmarble fireplacebelgian wafflesegg and cheesesconesfresh fruitsouffleintricate detailstown greenfabulous breakfastvermont maple syrupcasseroledecorated beautifullyfront porchcomfortable bedceiling fanantique furnishingscar show
Reviewed 7 March 2018

It was my birthday weekend and I had wanted all year to experience the Marble Mansion Inn built in 1867. We had stayed here several times approximately 30 years ago when the Inn was under different ownership and lost track of this special home over the years. I was over the moon to find it again ! We loved it then and we love it now! Owner Sharon greeted us at the door when we arrived and throughout our stay was an absolute delight and wealth of information sharing the Inn's history, and making us feel very comfortable.

The first evening we had a very delicious dinner at the Fair Haven Inn a short walk away. Make reservations and treat yourself ! This restaurant is a great compliment to the Marble Mansion Inn.

I will say right now, the gourmet breakfast at the Marble Mansion inn is to die for. No exaggeration. The first morning, we met Theresa who works very hard keeping the rooms beautiful, clean and impeccable. She greeted us with a big smile, in the breakfast sunroom, as we delighted in Grand Marnier french toast, special egg dish, thick maple baked bacon, berries, croissants and more. The second morning we enjoyed light and delicious individual egg souffles, homemade sour cream scones (super moist), sausages, and more. How excited was I to be able to take the scones with us on our trip back home?

We stayed in the William Shakespeare room on the 2nd floor. Very roomy and super comfortable king bed. The pillows were heaven. I love and am fascinated by historic homes and the original touches like the original short closet in this room, indicative of the time period of this home. This room has 4 large windows that face the Fair Haven Green which brought in lovely light. Check out the website photos. Truly lovely room. It was very difficult choosing which room to reserve when we made our online reservation, as we wanted to partake of so many beautiful rooms. Loved the Shakespeare room and would love to stay in the Jane Austen room next. Oh who am I kidding, there are so many special rooms from which to choose! Yes, we will definitely be returning to the Marble Mansion Inn. A unique, lovely and relaxing experience. It truly is a gem in the little town of Fair Haven. Thank you Sharon and Theresa !

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lulupopp2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We felt very welcomed, and very comfortable. It's great the owners have preserved this distinctive mansion made from marble. Breakfast was truly delicious, and though I didn't insist on it, they made me a special souffle to accommodate my vegetarianism. We enjoyed hanging out at night in one of the elegant parlors. Our bed was quite comfortable, and we enjoyed having an electric fireplace in the room, which made it easy to control the temperature.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We stayed at the Marble Mansion Inn over the first weekend in February. Our stay at the Marble Mansion Inn was fantastic! Sharon is a wonderful host. Her breakfast is out of this world; the setting, the presence and the taste leave nothing to be desired. We stayed in the Jane Austin room and found the bed, the room and the shower to be comfortable and sufficient. The 19th Century building was a testament to the architecture of its day. Just a great experience!
Dave and Laurie Matte

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 1 January 2018

This was my 6th or 7th stay with Greg and Sharon. I had to make another quick trip up to Fair Haven to spend time with my father after Christmas. I booked my room online with no issues. Once I arrived, like many times before, Greg was at the door waiting for me.

I booked room 1 for the first time. Like all the other rooms I have stayed in , this room was NO disappointment. Theresa takes care of all the rooms. Her great attention to detail is shown in every room she works in. Great Job!!!

Sharon cooks from scratch every breakfast. Her touch on these amazing meals are well worth the stay.

Overall, Greg, Sharon and Theresa are like family. I was born and raised in the town of Fair Haven. Every time I come home to visit Dad, I stay at the Marble Inn because they are family. They will take care of your every need. I must say, if you are coming through the area and need a place to stay that makes you feel like you are home, the Marble Inn is your place.

Thank you, and we will see you again very soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 31 December 2017

My wife and I were given a night at the Marble Mansion Inn as an anniversary present, so we found ourselves in Fair Haven, outside this expansive marble building.

Upon entering, we were met at the door by the inn keeper, Greg. (Greg and his wife Sharon own the Inn, as we learned) We were given a choice of rooms, as there were a couple available on the night we stayed.

The room we selected had a king size bed, TV, full private bath, love seat, working wood stove, and topped off a few books, if the notion struck us.

The parlor was decked out for the Holidays, with a beautiful tree and decorations, a piano, and plenty of places to sit and relax.

We started the stay off with a tea, complete with biscuits and fresh made fudge, which was super yummy. This option is available, as we understand to guests if you ask, and if you are looking for a truly special time, you should.

After tea, we unpacked and headed out to walk around a bit before dinner. After we ate (see review for Fair Haven Inn), we returned, and met with Greg again, who was a fountain of information about the Marble Mansion, its history, and even the historical significance to the Allen family (including Ethan Allen). It is a history lesson worth taking, as it is fascinating hearing about how and WHY the house was built.

After repairing to our room, we enjoyed a nice fire, and relaxed...perhaps as the Allen's did in the 1800's. As far as the overnight, it was one of the best nights sleep I can remember. Super Comfie!

I feel that I need to address the shower - although it is a smaller stand-up unit, which was installed when the mansion was converted from a home to an Inn, the pressure is ridiculously awesome! The PSI is off the chain - perhaps it's because there are only a few inches to be had, but either way, there was a ton of hot water, and it was nice.

Since the Marble Manson is a bed and breakfast, we of course, had to partake. Among the standard breakfast offerings, from fresh fruit, toast, cereal, coffee, etc, they had a baked egg dish, and super thick bacon with maple syrup. BOOM.

A couple tips:

1. If you can, choose ROOM 4
2. When you provide your desired breakfast time, don't be late...or early. Each breakfast, which changes daily, is freshly made predicated on your reservation time.
3. Prepare yourself for the shower
4. Take the time for a history lesson from Greg
5. Remember, this is a 150 year old house, not a brand new hotel, but in the age feel comes its true charm

Room Tip: There are some with more windows than others. We loved #4
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple