“Waiter most attentive and pleasant”

Cody's Irish Pub & Grille
Ranked #15 of 71 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Food was good, but not terribly inspired, This is, after all, a pub-like restaurant so I didn't expect "gourmet." Would have liked to see an Irish, lamb, stew on the menu.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I must admit that we were hungry. Cody's had a table, and we were thrilled. I have dined somewhat regularly in this locale and each time it was good enough for us to return again and again. They even have outdoor seating on nice nights. Anyway, my husband and I ordered the Fajita Wrap and the Chicken Caesar wrap. Both came with their house fries, which were piping hot. This cuisine is not gourmet, but the beer menu is extensive, the pub food is very good, and the service is really quick. I would go here with a party of 2-6 and enjoy the pub feel and the TVs all around.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

This place is another hidden gem. Excellent food, good portions, attentive bartender. Nice smelling restrooms, clean and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

We arrived in Burlington from Massachusetts. We were staying at Essexs spa. I was so hungry and we wanted to explore before we had to go check in. When we walked in it was very clean and friendly. The music very welcoming as well and at nice level comparative to most Pubs we have been in. We ordered and appetizer and two burgers one vegetarian. The Buffalo tenders is something we get every time we go to a new restaurant. They were huge! They were crispy and juicy. I love that they have options for the hotness level. My wife ordered a veggie burger sweet potato fries w/ guacamole. I got the whiskey burger and onion rings. Both burgers were huge and delicious. We were very satisfied! The service was fast and friendly. We asked the waitress about fun things to do around town and she even asked the other employees. They were very helpful. We did order alcohol too. We ordered Long island ice tea and it was very good. Over all it was a fantastic pub.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

This is a convenient location for me. The food is decent Irish/Pub food. Prices are typical for this cuisine, but they nickel and dime you, e.g., $.75 extra for gravy on your fries when you order a hot turkey sandwich. It is a relatively small space. They did move out a pool table and added more seating which makes it a bit easier to get seated on a busy evening. The staff isn't the friendliest in the world and if you are lucky the owner won't be there as he is very unfriendly. I think the staff reflects his poor demeanor. Not so bad that I don't go there anymore.