“Great pub food and flights of local beers”

McGillicuddy's on the Green
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had the fish and chips, large piece of beer battered haddock, that was very good. They also offer flights of beer, which was great since we were out of state it gave us a chance to sample of few of the local craft beers. Staff could not have been friendlier. Prices were reasonable. Highly recommend this for a casual lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Came here for dinner twice and my experience was different each time.

The first time we were seated in an overflow room, which completely lacked atmosphere; you wouldn't have known it was a sports bar. The service was okay. The food was so-so: my salad was adequate but the French onion soup was too salty. My wife liked her clam chowder but rated her reuben sandwich with slaw as fair (too dry). .

The second time was better. We were actually seated in the main room, which improved the atmosphere. Our server was more attentive. My chicken pot pie was very good: flaky crust, good and generous mix of meat, potatoes, and vegetables. My wife had clam chowder again (just as good as the first time) and the turkey sandwich (very good).

On both nights, the bill seemed a little high for the quality and quantity of food.

In sum, an average dinner on the first night and a basically good meal on the second. The three-star rating I gave is misleading, but I don't think the combined experience is worth four stars. If I could have given three and a half stars I would have

Reviewed 8 August 2018

The food is very good. The music is so loud you can't talk to the person next you. The louder the music the loader the people have to talk. This was our third try in the past month. Too loud. Can't enjoy your meal and have a conversation. Will be looking for a new place for lunch.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We had fabulous food and excellent service! Me a gluten-free grilled cheese w/ potato salad my friend, a dinner salad with salmon & walnuts. We found the booth quite spacious but the restaurant extremely noisy and difficult hear each other because booth opposite us held loud and obnoxious patrons as well as tv's.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

My wife and I ordered two lobster salad rolls. Over half was filled with what they call imitation crab. I think the fish is pollack. It was not good. Never have I had any type of lobster salad full of another kind of fish. Very deceptive!!!