“Sesame Seared Yellow Fin Tuna was Outstanding”

The Lighthouse Restaurant And Lounge
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Colchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I was recently in Colchester for an event at the Champlain Valley Expo Center. Because of the weather and where I was staying, I opted to dine here three nights in a row. The first night I had the Sesame Seared Yellow Fin Tuna which was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented! The next night, I ordered the salmon special, and the third night, I had the tuna again. I would rate the second and third nights very good. The service was great - very responsive and friendly. The salad bar had a nice mix. If I come back to this area, I would not hesitate to eat here again.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

A go to place for us. Great service and food. Salad bar the best in the area. Clean fresh and varied. Bartenders always friendly and attentive. You will get a good meal at a fair price and not be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Lovely varied menu at the Lighthouse, something to suit everyone, love the pick your own salad and the kids always enjoy it to, friendly helpful staff and a cosy atmosphere. Been here several times and it's a favourite on our trip from the U.k

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

When you look at a restaurants hours and plan accordingly it's unfortunate when they decide to close early. The bar had guests and the hostess/manager turned us away and said they decided to close early tonight because of the kitchen. Not sure what the kitchen had to do with serving the patrons in the bar? Poor decision in my opinion. As I say in all my reviews, customer service means a lot. If you want to close early then post the hours you're open and just close when you say you're going to close.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

The restaurant was very dirty and smelled bad. They were out of most sizes of lobster and only had the most expensive per pound sizes. The food was expensive and very poor quality. Overall a very bad experience. I guess that is why we were the only ones there.