“Great for a Family Dinner or drinks with friends”

Stonehearth Inn and Tavern
Ranked #11 of 24 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I haven
t stayed at the Inn, but the Tavern offers a wide range of selection for dinner, the seating is arranged so that you can have a great table for 12 or an intimate table for 2. It has about 12 seats at the bar, lively conversation and a good mix of locals,, tourists and "second-homers".

There are a few couches near the fireplace and a pool tablw for making dinner into an evening.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I will start this review by saying I'm a local in the business. I never ever leave bad reviews but this experience was just too awful to not inform the public.
When my waitress first arrived at the table to take my drink order I asked if they carried Stoli, which is a type of vodka, which I had to explain this to the waitress. She had no clue what spirits were and informed me they had Bulleit bourbon..uhh..no thanks..you only carry that one type of liquor? Ok no big deal, I'll take a cider.
We went on a Sunday night which is wing night..they were out of wings..ok..no big deal. Ordered a couple of apps and 3 entrees on the special sheet. You know when you cook a mozzarella stick too long you cook all the cheese out of it? Yes, that was our Brie app..literally all the cheese was cooked away. Not touched, tried to return to waitress, she left it on the table and took half price off..half price?! It was completely untouched because the Brie was cooked away.
Moving forward, after having placed our order for about 20/25 minutes and being completely dissatisfied with the apps, the waitress comes out to inform us they are out of 2 of the 3 specials ordered. WOW!
We just had to cancel the rest and get the heck out of there. Headed up the road to Jake's where they have wings for their wing night and the bartender knows what vodka is.
I've lived in Chester for quite sometime. This is my third trip to this establishment and each and every time has been disappointing. Will not give a fourth try.

Date of visit: May 2017
2  Thank J S
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I'll begin by saying that I don't typically review anything good or bad. I'm a waitress at a close by ski resort and I'm beyond disappointed with my experience at the tavern here. Our service was pretty close to terrible as our server seemed to have no clue what she was doing. I, as a member of the industry, am always more than forgiving with unfortunate scenarios. However, if it was not our servers first night in a restaurant ever, she definitely should find a new line of work to be in. My friend and I shared the Brussel sprouts and Bree to start and both were just simply not good. The Bree was a few slices of bread with just a sliver of cheese melted underneath and that's being generous with portions. The little cheese that was there was basically just burnt to the bottom of the plate with a few soggy pieces of bread on top and when we tried to return it our server ignored us and did not remove it from the bill even though it was completely untouched. I will definitely never return to this establishment and am sincerely disappointed. Take your business to Jake's about ten miles up the road for a surly bartender with excellent service instead.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank LindsayT639
Reviewed 9 March 2017

My son and i were looking for a fun place to eat in Chester and he picked this. Atmosphere was cozy and warm. food was very good, all in all we had a good time and would come back.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 1 December 2016

See previous post. Correction: MacLomainn's and Free Range are in Chester (right down the road). Apologize for error listing location as Weston.

Date of visit: November 2016