“Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Castle Hill Resort And Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cavendish
“Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My boyfriend and I spent this past weekend at the Castle Hill Resort and Spa. He had purchased a groupon as a gift for me. We stayed in room 15 in the Castle. The Castle is beautiful with very ornate decorations. The only complaint I had was that our room was right by the stairs so, it was noisy at times.
With our groupon, we received a $25 spa voucher which, we did not use. We did utilize the heated outdoor pool and hot tub, which are open year round. We also received a $25 voucher towards a three course dinner at the Castle restaurant. The food was amazing! I had the bone-in filet as my main course and the mussles as an appitizer. Our waitress was so nice that when I couldn't decide on a dessert, she gave me both! The prices for the three course meal ranged from $45-$57 depending on your dinner choice.
While in the area, we hiked Okemo Mt, visited the Long Trail brewery, and went to the Vermont Country Store in Weston.
Overall, we had a lovely time and would recommend Castle Hill Resort and Spa!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Raisha
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Somersworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at The Castle. You can tell from the moment you step on property that all the employess love what they do and want to please each and every guest. I work in the industry as well and this is by far the nicest thing to see. I wish I could clone a few of them! Thank you for making this a great trip for us. My husband and I have had very little time together in the last four months and this is just what we needed. Extra BIG thank you to Andy and Lisa.

Room Tip: Great views!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica S
Essex, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Upon arriving at the Castle Hill Resort late in the evening, we were greeted by a very pleasant young lady who walked us personally to our room. Even though it was after 10PM, she graciously explained the amenities of the resort and told us to phone with any questions. The resort was beautifully appointed with old world charm, a lavish library sitting area, linen lined dining room and an Aveda spa adjacent to the resort. Not only is there wonderful Aveda products in the guest rooms but the spa offers full services with yoga offered in the solarium adjacent to the spa.

A beautiful way to relax in VT!

Room Tip: The rooms with a king bed are lovely and we were provided with one just by asking as it was availabl...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BooneSX
Brownsville, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was at a business dinner at the restaurant at the Castle this month. The food was very good. Quite a varied menu. The service was very good and attentive. The waitress had good commentary on the menu items. They have no beer on tap, but have a decent selection of bottled beer. The setting was very nice; the building is very well taken care of, and the room that we were in for our party of 10 was quite elegant. I was impressed. The price was quite high though, and I was surprised to see the meals hovering in the $60 range for the three course meal. If I was looking for a really elegant place for dinner, I would think about going back. But I don't think the price allows for a casual visit to the restaurant at the Castle.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gulloj
west newton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I did not join Trip Advisor until recently, so I apologize for this late review. My wife and I were married about a year ago and had our big honeymoon in the South Pacific although we had a mini honeymoon at Castle Hill following our wedding. The building itself is very cool, it is basically and old mansion. It has a very old historic feel to it and it doesnt seem as if much remodeling has been done, which is good. We got our reservation through luxurylink.com which included some champagne, massages, a meal, etc. It was very quiet and relaxing. My wife and I enjoyed the spa which was about 50 yards away from the mansion. The food and service was very good. Castle Hill is perfect for couples or a group of couples. We hope to go back in the next year or two.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank douglas r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavendish
0.0 km away
Jackson Gore Inn
#2 of 6 in Ludlow
28.6 km away
Woodstock Inn and Resort

Been to Castle Hill Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK