“The best B&B my wife and I have stayed at in Vermont.”

Applewood Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Castleton B&B and Inns
nyc
“The best B&B my wife and I have stayed at in Vermont.”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Peaceful and charming. Unbelievably hospitable innkeepers. We've stayed at Applewood three times already - its our first choice for our annual trips to Vermont, whether summer, fall or winter. We've loved the place so much that the last two times we stayed, we booked the entire house and made it a couples ski retreat with a bunch of our friends. I give Ralph and Nancy my highest recommendation...

• Stayed February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
upstate new york
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Applewood B&B in Castleton is the perfect getaway! It is just seconds from the college and "downtown" Castleton, as well as only minutes from Rutland and Killington. Our hostess, Nancy, was a dream come true. So kind, compassionate, accommodating, and just plain nice! We stayed in the HANNAH Room - a wonderful room with ensuite bathroom, king sized, canopied bed, wonderful furnishings and comfortable environment. The facilities were grand; the house was incredible.

Breakfast was incredible. Ralph stayed in the kitchen and prepared the most delicious blueberry pancakes. The coffee was fresh and hot and delicious.

We are looking forward to another visit very soon. KUDOS to Ralph and Nancy for being such wonderful hosts.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Burlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Nancy and Ralph are wonderful. Breakfast was delicious and the house is absolutely beautiful. Afternoon tea made my day :) Would highly recommend Applewood Manor to anyone. Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Walden, New York
Reviewed 27 December 2011

My wife and I stay at Applewood anytime we visit our son at Castleton State College. The location and the accomodations are five star!
We look forward to each and every visit!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed at Applewood over Thanksgiving weekend to visit family. I am a retruning visitor - I love the place. The rooms are lovely, and so comfortable. I had aluxurious bathroom. The decor of the whole house is perfect in all the deatils The hosts Nancy and Ralph are most gracious, warm and hospitable. I was offered tea and chocolates in one of the two llovely sitting rooms. I have been there during the summer as well, and I think it is great in all seasons.

Room Tip: I have stayed in Noah's room which is loveley, is on the second floor and has a very large bathr...