“NOT PEOPLE FRIENDLY NOR GAY FRIENDLY” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
G.G.T. Tibet Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Burlington
Burlington, Vermont
“NOT PEOPLE FRIENDLY NOR GAY FRIENDLY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Where do I begin, I just moved to Burlington and my friends decided to come and see me for brew fest. I had not gotten a guest bed so they stayed here BIG MISTAKE! The first night my two friends where getting ready so I went to the vending machine (NONE WORKED) except for the one behind the desk .(HOW CONTROLLING) He started to harass me about what room I was with I proceeded to tell him I was waiting for my friends and lived in town he gave me a terrible look as he handed me the ice. I told my friends and the next thing we knew he was mowing the lawn looking up into the room obviously spying. We left and went to the festival I dropped them off around 12. We returned in the morning my roommate and I that is to bring breakfast and head to town to walk around. He saw me walk out of their room after eating and stared me down. He called us about ten minutes after telling my friend who paid for the room despite a TREMENDOUS language barrier he wants them out and he smells smoke?? We come back and he corners the two girls staying in the room screaming and spitting flailing his arms IN HER FACE and ignoring the other while locking them out of their rooms. He accused them of having SIX people and smoking and unlocked the room to let them remove their stuff HE OBVIOUSLY WENT IN THE ROOM and NO ONE SMOKES. They told him I am a resident of VT and he stilled charged them for extra people and smoking. I went to help my friend try to get her money back because he also wanted to charge a late check out though the intended to stay he MADE them COME BACK he started screaming at me and TOLD ME I WAS TRESPASSING and he was calling the cops even though he charged my friend for "staying there" after I left he told my friend " I don't know what he/she I don't care is but I will call the cops if I came back" SO NOT VT MENTALITY I WAS ASTONISHED we are all older women with more than college degrees unbelievable.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank oldtimer143
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

I recently stayed at this motel with a friend. when I checked in I paid in full with my credit credit card for two nights. after waking up the first morning and leaving around noon to head into town, I get a call from the owner about 10 minutes later saying I need to turn around come right back get all of my things and leave. he told me if I didn't come right then he wouldn't refund me for the second night I had already paid for. so I obviously went back to get my things and tried my key be had already deactivated it. another hassle to go getthe owner to let us in. before he would open the door for me he got in my face yelling that I had friends over and also smoked in the room, neither which are true, he proceeds to cuss me out. very unprofessional. especially to a woman. I go down to the front desk to refund my card which is when he tells me I'm being charged all these extra fees. all while this is going on he is threatening to call the cops on me. still no idea why. I was trying to explain to him I had friends visiting and they were my ride in and out of town, they did not stay over, but he wouldn't allow me to get a word in. very hostile and mean. my two friends came in to try to talk to him when and he just yelled at them to get off his property they were "trespassing." keep in mind he charged me extra for them being on the property and hanging out in my room. so that would mean they were not trespassing. after we left we spent another 2 hours looking for a new hotel for the next night! so crazy! all in all, super inconvenience on our trip, waste of time and verbally abused. not worth the money. I would have rather spent an extra $30 just to not have gone through all this. please avoid and do not give this crazy man your business. I am now dealing with my credit card company to dispute the charge he added to my card.

• Stayed July 2011
10 Thank babyg1437
Farmington, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Do yourself a favor and stay at one of the other 12 hotels on this road. This place is dirty and the owner is a very hostile man. At one point during our stay we heard him screaming and swearing at another couple who was trying to check out. We thought that maybe this other couple had tried to cheat him. However when it came time for us to check out he tried to charge us extra fees and when we argued with him he got in my friends face (a 26 year old female) and began swearing and pounding his hands against a wall. He was also refusing to give us our receipt and threatened to call the cops on us several times.

The low price of this room is by no means worth dealing with such an unprofessional owner. I would much rather give my money to decent people.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
12 Thank flaggs23
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

I found everything was very nice during my stay. I checked for bed bugs, as is my standard practice now at any hotel, and found none. The room was clean and comfortable. I would go back for another stay. The owner was friendly and polite.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

A fairly good clean stay, not knowing this area of Vermont I was a little surprised at how busy Shelbourne Road is, turns out its the main north south road in and out of Burlington. The A/C covered any road noise so that was not a problem.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
6.0 km away
0.4 km away
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 6 in Shelburne

Been to G.G.T. Tibet Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK