“Very tasty!”

Ranked #121 of 246 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I had never had Indian food before but always wanted to try it and out of the couple of places in Burlington, a coworker recommended India House as well as a few things to try on the menu. My husband and I were not disappointed at all! The vegetable Samosas were amazing and so was the freshly made Nann, we tried the Pratha and the Chicken Tikka Masala...so, so good! We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I read many mixed reviews online. The one about poor service definitely does not apply, at least last night, with the waiter I had. He was attentive, took my order quickly, and brought it out quite quickly. I ordered the Rogan Josh, which was nicely spiced (based on a previous reviewer, I asked for it mildly spiced, which in Chicago, where I'm from would be almost nothing, but here it was just right. The dish was mostly sauce, and not much meat, and the meat was a little tough. But it was what I was yearning for, so it was fine. I also ordered spinach naan, which came out piping hot and freshly made. Many Indian restaurants buy commercially prepared naan and just heat it up for you. So, yes, I would go back. But if you want really authentic Indian food, go to Devon Avenue in Chicago, and you'll have tons of wonderful choices! Oh, and if you want to see the menu online, go to mrdelivery.com.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Very good and very tasty, kind service, good prices, very much recommanded. Will be happy to come back next time when we are in VT

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We like the food, & atmosphere, so much, we plan visits to a family member in the area to eat at the India House! We live near Rochester, NY, so it's a 5/6 hour drive. We haven't been disappointed!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I've spoken to my Indian coworkers about the blandness of this place. They can't quite believe it. It's OK.

You can site down and dine in their place... but it's primary a take-out option for most locals.