and 1 more site!
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Lang House in Burlington, VT. The house was incredibly convenient to downtown Burlington, the breakfast every morning was amazing, their cheese plate and their wine list were delicious and their innkeeper was so helpful in finding activities nearby. The rooms were beautiful and all of the staff was so nice. My husband also loved their fluffy robes. We can't wait to go back for our one year anniversary!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gabe F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

We spent a weekend at this charming B&B recently. It wasn't cheap, but it delivered on everything you would expect from a premium B&B experience: tastefully decorated rooms, multi-course breakfast (still dreaming about that maple scone starter!), fluffy robes, reliable wireless internet, central location, the ability to order a wine and local cheese plate in room, and insider info about Burlington (beginning with a comprehensive list of restaurant recommendations on reserving a room!). It was apparent the owners had thought through the tiniest of details, such as a comfy reading chair in the bedroom, dedicated "makeup" towel in the bathroom, and tea and cookies set out in the evenings. The service was impeccable. The innkeeper contacted me a day after I checked out enquiring about whether I had left a necklace in the room. I realized I had, and she mailed it to me that week. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to all friends visiting beautiful Burlington! P.S.: We loved the dog too and the sun-filled common areas are very cozy for sitting around with him!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amelia L
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We were on a round trip visiting Toronto, Chicago, New York and Boston before Burlington then Ottawa and Toronto to return home. The Lang House was our most expensive stop and our major disappointment.
The website seems to pass it off almost as some sort of small aspiring boutique hotel. The ambiance and rooms go some way towards this but the service was appalling. The only minor grumble we had with the room was the tiny TV but because we were very tired from walking everywhere this was no big deal but could be for some people. The shower was not great but just about adequate.
The breakfast and service in the morning was terrible from all sorts of aspects. It took us over an hour and a half to have a very meagre breakfast. My wife had to wait 55 minutes to get a small portion of scrambled eggs. I had the smallest ever bowl (about the size of a teacup) of granola placed in front of me. I was absolutely shocked that anyone could have the brass neck to do this. The bacon served up was rock hard from either being overcooked or kept too long under a hot lamp. The coffee was coloured water. The breakfast served was nothing like that described on the website.
The only staff we met were young college students who no doubt tried their best but had obviously not been trained at all or were not cut out for the job. Either it was mumbles or the breakfast choices shot out in rapid time. There was no breakfast menu to allow us to consider what we would like so we had to ask the girl several times to repeat herself.
Overall it was a very expensive stop over and an absolute rip off. I would never recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank joekoliver
innkeeperlang, Owner at Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Unfortunately, there are times when I, as the owner, cannot be at the inn and so reviews like this really do grieve me. I was away at my daughter’s wedding in San Francisco and even though I had spent several weeks before leaving the inn training and working with staff members on expectations while I was away, service evidently did break down. Let me assure you, your experience was an aberration and not the norm for the Lang House.
Coronado, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stayed in the Lang house two nights, in late Oct. 2011. Delightful experience, stayed on the third floor in a corner room. The room reminded me of my Grandfather,s house and my third floor bed room, great memories. The B&B is conveniently located for a nice walk to shopping and the eateries on beautiful Main Street. As architects we enjoyed the Victorian styled house and East-lake finishes and hospitality.

Room Tip: Corner room second floor "Captain Scott" I believe, ask.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dale S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I've been lucky enough to stay in Lang House three times over the last 6 years, and it's never failed to charm and make me feel completely at home.

The property is lovely, with cosseting furnishings that just plain work whether it's fall or winter, and the relaxed wine list makes it a great place to come home to. What really singles it out though, is you feel like an accustomed house guest - the absence of fuss means you can be natural walking down in a robe to get a cup of coffee in the morning, chatting to the staff about where's good for dinner, or just sitting enjoying the surroundings.

In terms of care and attention, having the inn keeper phone me on a UK cellphone to tell me I'd left a hat behind is profoundly over and above what's expected (and a lot better than when a different hat got left behind in what claims to be one of the best hotels in Barcelona - but that's a different story).

It's hard to miserable in Burlington, but Lang House goes a long way towards making it impossible.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
0.8 km away
2.8 km away
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 13 in South Burlington

Been to Lang House on Main Street Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK