“Great view, decent drinks, best for appy's though.”

Splash At the Boathouse
Ranked #43 of 247 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Great bar to watch the sunset and admire the boats in the harbor. The food is very basic pub style so I wouldn't necessarily recommend dinner but lunch or appy's are fine. We had the hummus plate and it was very large and very tasty. However, the view is the draw, if you don't set your sites high on a sophisticated menu then this is the place. BTW, although Burlington has a lot of the city on the water, there aren't that many places to sit and have a drink and admire the lake.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Dining right on the pier. We had a beautiful sunny day and decided to relax at splash. We were given a table right by the water, the breeze off the water and the view made it the perfect setting for lunch. We ordered the lobster Cobb salad, perfect with a generous quantity of lobster, and a Hamburg plate with a glass of wine, everything was very goods, we will return.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Just like the other reviewers have said this place is very close to the water. Actually, you are on a dock on the water. For the sunset view pretty perfect, unless you have bigger boats docked there. Then you can pretty much enjoy a very close view of the boats but not so much the sunset. The food is okay. Nothing really freshly prepared but tasty enough. Just not my favorite kind of food. I prefer fresh ingredients. The lobster roll has a lot of lobster and for frozen lobster meat not bad. Big chunks and not drowned in mayonnaise. I do not like their french fries at all. If you like good french fries go to Skinny Pancake or Juniper at Hotel Vermont. Now my main complain and the reason why I will never go there after sunset again is the lighting. It is the most terrible lighting I have ever seen in a restaurant. Why someone would do that to a beautiful place on the water is beyond me. Everyone on our table looked like they were sick. I was facing the bar and considered to put my sunglasses on. It was that bright. It took away from the ambiance and the overall mood. As a group we decided that our next time at the water will be "The Spot at the Dock". A new restaurant also right at the water. Better food and better ambiance.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

This reasonably priced restaurant is right on the lake and if you go for dinner, you'll be treated to a great sunset. Food is good - my wife loved the fish tacos. Staff is very friendly. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Went for an early dinner on a Saturday night without reservations and were seated within 10 minutes. Great fish tacos and the sweet potato fries were awesome!

Been to Splash At the Boathouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK