“Elegant, Romantic, Peaceful, Refined...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burlington
The Willard Street Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Burlington B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Freising, Germany
“Elegant, Romantic, Peaceful, Refined...”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

These are just a few of the many adjectives that come to mind when recalling the Willard Street Inn. The mansion's impressive facade and opulent interior furnishing are remarkable on their own, but it is the owner's hospitality and attention to detail that make the Inn a truly wonderful establishment. For instance, my partner and I were welcomed with freshly baked cookies and fresh squeezed lemonade. There were adorning flowers and plants in the common areas. For rainy days, there were books, magazines and boardgames laying around the many common sitting areas, I did not have a chance to explore the gorgeous garden, but I am sure I would have discovered even more beauty! This is a must-see and a must-go-back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Cape Neddick
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We arrived in Burlington on a Tuesday night, stumbled into a few less-than-satisfactory hotels and inns (one of which appeared to be an older woman's house), and finally came across this gem a little bit off Main St.

I can safely say this is one of the nicest places I've ever stayed; we took room #10, Suite Larkin, after deciding the clawfoot tub, separate sitting room and King bedroom were worth it. We even had a bit of a view of Lake Champlain, and were within a few minute walking distance of town. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable - it's hard to find a bed that compares to ours at home, but we managed! The bathroom had a stand-up shower in addition to the bathtub if that's more your style.

The housekeeping service was fantastic - room was left spotless after they came in, and they even leave a little plate of chocolate chip cookies and Craisins. Little things that count. That brings me to the food - during the day the in-house chef bakes a bunch of goodies for guest consumption; the lemon sugar cookies were so good we probably took half of the plate. Sorry fellow guests! They also leave out lemonade, water, and have a Keurig coffee machine and a kitchen with microwave and various other amenities you might want. There aren't fridges in the rooms, only one communal mini-fridge in the kitchen, which was not even an issue for my girlfriend and me but I figured it might be important to mention from a review standpoint.

The breakfast. Some places do a continental breakfast, or even a full, but this place has a different approach - you sign up for a breakfast slot in the morning, sit down to a little basket of sample pastries (espresso chocolate chip muffins were awesome), coffee, tea, juice, etc. They give you a choice of 3 breakfast meals that change daily. We had banana bread french toast the first morning that was amazing.

Everything about the stay was perfect, and so it gets a perfect 5 star rating. When we return to Burlington, we'll be staying here, guaranteed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Troy, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife and I spent the night here in the Woodhouse Suite while in town for a concert (Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers...fantastic show). This place lives up to all the praise that it gets here on TripAdvisor. We really loved the gardens, the gorgeous breakfast room, and our spacious and elegant suite. The bed was comfortable and the large tiled shower area was impressive.

Room Tip: Really liked the Woodhouse Suite. Took a look at some of the other rooms, the Lake Champlain Room lo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My girlfriend and I (21 and 22) stayed here for a night after travelling through Quebec city and Montreal. We were pretty tired when we arrived in Burlington but could not have been more excited to see where we were staying. Willard St. Inn is a beautiful mansion/ BnB that exceeded all of our expectations. For some reason I pictured it being a stuffy, quiet, place with an older crowd. Although we were probably the youngest people there, the hostess was around our age, incredibly nice and cool, and showed us around the Inn and told us plenty of places to eat and things to do in Burlington. The room was amazing (we stayed in room 6, one of the cheapest), it felt like I was living at my own home. The breakfast was incredible, a perfect way to end our time at Willard St. I would recommend this place to anyone, regardless of age, traveling with a girlfriend/boyfriend or husband/wife, or even a family or alone.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Rooms on the first floor are right next to the dining room a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I've stayed at 4 of the top rated b&bs in Burlington and Willard street Inn is a step above all others.
The rooms are beautifully appointed, extremely clean with fresh clean bedding. Breakfast is fantastic and made with fresh locally made products. I would stay her every time I cme to Burlington if possible!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LESTrips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
1.5 km away
2.4 km away
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to The Willard Street Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK