“Fabulous fabrics & buttons!”

Delectable Mountain Cloth
Ranked #3 of 12 Shopping in Brattleboro
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Apparently the Interior Designers and anyone who sews well knows this place. The selection is spectacular from apolstery weight fabrics from Africa to beautiful sheer silks from India. left their druling as had no idea how much fabric I would need, but will go back prepared next time! PS- leave your husband in the car!

5  Thank Lcquinn

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I have no idea why the one gentleman from out of state had such negative things to post about Delectable Mountain, but I was in there today with my wife and when I reminded the owner of a red rayon brocade kimono she'd made for my wife 18 years ago she remembered us immediately! The store is much as I remember it, a simply fantastic selection of silks, velvets and other natural fabrics made by small looms from around the world. If you're a costume designer, you need to know about this shop. If you just love fine fabrics that can't be found anywhere else you need to stop in whenever you're within 200 miles of Brattleboro!!! What a treasure, run by Jan, who is a human treasure indeed!!!

2  Thank R0ckinR0d
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I stumbled on this shop while in town on a business trip. Such interesting fabrics and buttons. I bought quite a handful of glass buttons for jewelry (pendants). The owner was the only shop keeper both times I went in and was delightful to interact with... Not sure what the issue was with the single poor review?!? There was nothing "smelly" in the store!

3  Thank lafff
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I am an avid sewer and lover of fine silk and linen. I travel to Brattleboro frequently and visit Delectable Mountain whenever I can. True, the shop is small, but the selection is fairly large and the staff are friendly and helpful. The gentleman from Idaho who reviewed them giving them only one star is very mistaken.

3  Thank Islenskr
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Material of the finest quality, lovely earrings at reasonable prices, and atouch of nostalgia. Aplace where dreams can come true.

5  Thank Meris_9