Brandon Inn
Autumn Mountain Winery & Cabins(Brandon)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
Lilac Inn(Brandon)
US$ 164
US$ 149
US$ 132
The Mountain Top Inn & Resort(Chittenden)(Great Value!)
US$ 341
US$ 59
The Swallow's Nest(Brandon)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdietary needslarge bathroomhistoric feellarge groupold worldnon stoprooms are comfortablelong trailcharming hotelnew englandcup of teaowners and staffbedroom suitelast monthcafe provencehigh ceilingscommon areas
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Me and my husband have been attending a tango festival at the Brandon Inn for the last 4 years, and every time we were there we had the greatest experience.
The staff are super friendly, the food they cater for the dinner shows is exquisite and the bedrooms are really big and comfortable.
I'd definitely recommend this place to others, since they make your stay a really good one.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Do not stay on the 4th floor as the elevators do not work!
Very friendly staff--aim to please & satisfy!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
BrandonInnVt, Front Office Manager at Brandon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Thank you for the compliment on our friendly staff! Yes, service is important to us and we do make every effort to please our guests. Our historic 1901 elevator is temporarily out-of-service and we are waiting for a part to repair it. Our 4th floor rooms are very lovely and many have a wonderful view of the town and the mountains. For our guests that are fortunate enough to be in good health and would appreciate the extra exercise, the 4th floor rooms are worth the extra stairs!

Reviewed 25 August 2011

My daughter had her wedding at the Brandon Inn. It was perfect. I live in Brandon but have to admit that I was not aware of just what a gem the Inn really is. I was nervous about planning the wedding. (100 guests, most from out of town, including California, Texas, North Carolina....). I was unnecessarily concerned. Sarah and the staff at the Inn were helpful, patient, and on top of everything. They had wonderful ideas, and were happy to implement all of our ideas. Everyone had fun, and I enjoyed myself without a single worry or concern. Louis came in for the final bow, with an amazing dinner and cake. His smile lit up the room, and his extra touches were noticed and appreciated.
I would recommend the Brandon Inn to anyone for their wedding - any time of year. Because, well, my daughter's wedding was absolutely perfect!!!

1  Thank Pamela G
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I may have grown up across the street from the Brandon Inn, but I didn't realize how truly amazing it is until I had my wedding there! It's got delightful, old Vermont charm mixed with modern comforts (like AC and internet), but more then that, it's got incredible people. Sarah and Louis are so wonderful. Sarah was like a free wedding planner with tips on how to do my flowers, who to hire as a photographer, how to schedule the day etc.. And Chef Louis's food is AMAZING, my guests are still going on about how great it all tasted. Our wedding cake was the must beautiful (and yummy) cake I've ever experienced. wow! It felt as if they adopted me for the weekend and took care of me (and my guests) as if I were family. It was comfortable and extravagant all at the same time. I don't know how they do such an incredible job with such a large inn. I had all my guests staying at the inn and they found the perfect rooms for each and every one of them. If you want a perfect wedding in Vermont definitely pick the Brandon Inn!! Oh, and to top it off - it was way cheaper than the other places we looked at in the area.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

My friend and I spent 5 days at the beautiful Brandon Inn as part of a Road Scholar program on foods and wines of Vermont. The Inn is the center of this charming town, and the innkeepers, Sarah & Louis, are most hospitable hosts. Louis is a chef from Austria, and he demonstrated several of his famous dishes for us, some of which we ate at dinner. Sarah runs the business end and sees to it that everything is in order. She has a wonderful teapot collection that former guests keep adding to. There is a huge porch where you can read, relax or just people watch and have a drink or a cup of tea. The rooms are large, furnished beautifully and are air conditioned.

There is a "lift" to bring luggage and people to the upper floors, but many people just walk up to their room. The dining room and breakfast room are beautifully appointed, and it is cheerful to have the lovely buffet breakfast they lay out for their guests. Dinners were always first class. They have a bar that opens shortly before dinner, where drinks are just $5 a glass.

It is easy to walk around the town from the Inn, hear a band concert on the green in front of the Inn or eat a delicious meal either at the Inn or at one of the other eateries nearby, especially Cafe Provence, which is just around the corner. There is an exceptional ice cream store located right next door to the inn that also sells antiques.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends