“My daughter's wedding was perfect!”
Review of Brandon Inn

Brandon Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Brandon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My daughter had her wedding at the Brandon Inn. It was perfect. I live in Brandon but have to admit that I was not aware of just what a gem the Inn really is. I was nervous about planning the wedding. (100 guests, most from out of town, including California, Texas, North Carolina....). I was unnecessarily concerned. Sarah and the staff at the Inn were helpful, patient, and on top of everything. They had wonderful ideas, and were happy to implement all of our ideas. Everyone had fun, and I enjoyed myself without a single worry or concern. Louis came in for the final bow, with an amazing dinner and cake. His smile lit up the room, and his extra touches were noticed and appreciated.
I would recommend the Brandon Inn to anyone for their wedding - any time of year. Because, well, my daughter's wedding was absolutely perfect!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela G

Reviewed 23 August 2011

I may have grown up across the street from the Brandon Inn, but I didn't realize how truly amazing it is until I had my wedding there! It's got delightful, old Vermont charm mixed with modern comforts (like AC and internet), but more then that, it's got incredible people. Sarah and Louis are so wonderful. Sarah was like a free wedding planner with tips on how to do my flowers, who to hire as a photographer, how to schedule the day etc.. And Chef Louis's food is AMAZING, my guests are still going on about how great it all tasted. Our wedding cake was the must beautiful (and yummy) cake I've ever experienced. wow! It felt as if they adopted me for the weekend and took care of me (and my guests) as if I were family. It was comfortable and extravagant all at the same time. I don't know how they do such an incredible job with such a large inn. I had all my guests staying at the inn and they found the perfect rooms for each and every one of them. If you want a perfect wedding in Vermont definitely pick the Brandon Inn!! Oh, and to top it off - it was way cheaper than the other places we looked at in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My friend and I spent 5 days at the beautiful Brandon Inn as part of a Road Scholar program on foods and wines of Vermont. The Inn is the center of this charming town, and the innkeepers, Sarah & Louis, are most hospitable hosts. Louis is a chef from Austria, and he demonstrated several of his famous dishes for us, some of which we ate at dinner. Sarah runs the business end and sees to it that everything is in order. She has a wonderful teapot collection that former guests keep adding to. There is a huge porch where you can read, relax or just people watch and have a drink or a cup of tea. The rooms are large, furnished beautifully and are air conditioned.

There is a "lift" to bring luggage and people to the upper floors, but many people just walk up to their room. The dining room and breakfast room are beautifully appointed, and it is cheerful to have the lovely buffet breakfast they lay out for their guests. Dinners were always first class. They have a bar that opens shortly before dinner, where drinks are just $5 a glass.

It is easy to walk around the town from the Inn, hear a band concert on the green in front of the Inn or eat a delicious meal either at the Inn or at one of the other eateries nearby, especially Cafe Provence, which is just around the corner. There is an exceptional ice cream store located right next door to the inn that also sells antiques.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Justcalljoyce
Reviewed 2 March 2011

As soon as we entered this beautifu historicl inn we felt right at home. We were warmly welcomed by the staff. We went to our room which was large, beautifully decorated, clean and warm. We had time for a rest - and then into Brandon for the"Art in theSnow" festivities.

The host, Louis was terrific and we had some wonderful conversations with him.

The breakfast was lovely both mornings - you could tell a real chef was inthe kitchen.

We will get back there before too long - it was a relaxing and happy experience

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
BrandonInnVt, Front Office Manager at Brandon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2011

Thank you for participating in Brandon's "Art In The Snow" Weekend. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our quaint town, our hardworking artists and the hospitality of The Brandon Inn. It is very reassuring when our guests are happy and our efforts are appreciated. Please do visit us again.

Reviewed 30 November 2010

The rooms at the Brandon Inn are large and very clean. There are no TV's in rooms - although they have three tv's in public areas. If you go in winter stay on the 3rd and 4th floors because they have individual heat units and warm quickly. The 2nd floor is only sporadically heated because it is older and the pipes clang.

The reception area is huge and the public rooms charming. Yes, it is old and needs constant upkeep but I never got the feeling it is creepy. Maybe some paint - and a few updates...

Chef Louis is a magician and his dinners are amazing. The morning chef is so -so. If you want wonderful meals be sure Chef Louis is in the kitchen.

Sarah and Lynn and the whole front desk crew could not be more wonderful. Very helpful and very kind. Maid service was excellent.

Wifi was a little hit or miss but most people were able to get on easily.

• Stayed: November 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
23.4 km away
1.9 km away
Autumn Mountain Winery & Cabins
14.2 km away
The Mountain Top Inn & Resort

Been to Brandon Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK