Brandon Inn(Brandon)
US$ 205
Mountain Top Inn & Resort(Chittenden)(Great Value!)
US$ 403
US$ 84
US$ 66
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 75/night.

Lilac Inn(Brandon)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 October 2017

The establishment has several differing names,
Jennifer & Jonathan Lutkus, I really feel sorry for these kind people who have bought basically a run down 1960’s motel. I must say they are ‘trying’ hard – but
there is so, so much to do. The place is like a time warp – which is fine if you like that sort of thing.
Our room #10 was large/spacious and clean enough. The fittings are from an era long ago, the electrics cannot stand more than 2 items running at the same time,
The toilet guts which I took apart was held together with cable straps. Although the welcome pack said there was internet in all cabins – NIL signal (That reads -85dbm)
so no connection, I did try once from the reception and got some sort of signal but no access came for my e-mails, so when staying 2 nights and planning ahead makes
life somewhat challenging. Then there is the spiel about listening to nature – well that’s if you can hear it past the Trucks and traffic even though the cabin was 50 metres or so from the main road. Then of course the temperature of the room, it was pretty cool at night, there was a ‘small’ fan heater which just about struggled to keep up (Was also noisy and kept me awake) so don’t know what happens when winter does arrive. Our road tour takes us 4+ weeks from Toronto to Nova Scotia 18 hotels/motels, and on reflection for the price we paid here we will be staying at Best Westerns for a similar price with breakfast included and with all mod-cons.
We like to promote private local establishments, but sorry to Jennifer & Jonathan I wish you every success in your venture – you will need very deep pockets to get this place somewhere near the 20th century.
Please don't make excuses - I would have brought these 'misgivings' to your attention but there was No one around at 10:00am when we departed.
ps My wife informs me after I fixed the toilet it works better than when we arrived – need a handy man - I’m your man!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Make no mistake...this is not a quaint Vermont inn. This is a set of downscale cabins with some serious limitations. The cabins are run down, the hot water reeks of rotten eggs (sulfur), and the windows are in poor condition. We heard animals scurrying above the ceiling at night. The breakfast was disappointing...pour hot water into instant oatmeal, condiments displayed in paper bowls, etc. The staff are perfectly nice and friendly; we did not try the wine tasting. If you want a very rustic weekend, definitely bring bottled water.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aliina H
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We stayed at the Cozy Cottages last night. It was a lovely cabin, number 3. It had a bedroom with a queen bed, and also had 2 twin beds. It felt like a blast from the past, the kind of cabin my folks used to takes us to. The cabin was very clean and had plenty of towels and linens. My daughters loved the pool. There was a nice continental breakfast served in the morning with homemade waffles, oatmeal, cereal, toast and bagels.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Very rustic, a little bit retro, very comfortable bed. I grew up in Rutland, VT, and drove past here many times when it was "The Adams Cottages." The rooms were well laid out, great amenities. Owners Ursula and her husband have kept the original charm of The Adams, while adding their own little touches of whimsy.

Room Tip: Each cottage unique, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2016

The cabins are in dire need of repairs, they are some what clean. Our cabin smelled of smoke, our friends AC didn't work and they paid extra for it. The ad for the cabins are not what you get. wouldn't recommend this place unless you have no other choice.

Room Tip: Stay at the motel down the road!!!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends