“Warm & Welcoming”

Ranked #1 of 4 Bondville B&B and Inns
boston
“Warm & Welcoming”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

What a gem! Quaint, clean and welcoming. We went for a family ski weekend and my husband and two boys loved it. The inn keepers Kami & Kevin are hands on hosts who make you feel right at home. Very welcoming and relaxed atmosohere. The pub is a wonderful place to unwind at the end of the day! Breakfasts are delicious and our beds were so comfortabke after a day of skiing! We will definitely return again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
College Point, New York
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This was a wonderful bed and breakfast. Upon entering the inn we were greeted by 3 of the most gentile Labrador retrievers. I am a dog person so it was great to see them there. The inn keepers were very nice and helpful. The dogs showed us to our room which was cute. We stayed in room No. 10. The room was very spacious enough to fit bulky snowboarding gear. My only gripe for the room was in the bathroom. The bathroom was decent size but the shower head and pressure were horrible. The pressure was so low and the water came out like a mist. Either than that, the room as a whole was greatly decorated and even had a couch and plenty of space to hang clothes. The breakfast was amazing. They offered the usual tea, coffee, and juice. Each day we had 2 choices for breakfast. The first day it was stuffed french toast with brie and baked apples or thyme scrambled eggs with toast and potatoes. The next day we had the option for bacon scrambled eggs with toast and potatoes or pancakes. Both days the hot breakfast tasted great. The inn also had a cozy tavern and lounge. The lounge had plenty amount of places to sit including 3 couches, a fireplace, a pool table, and a large big screen TV. It also had a working bar which was good. Also the inn is about 10 minutes to Stratton Ski Resort and 10 minutes to Manchester which has all the outlets and restaurants to eat. All in all a great experience and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Waterford, NY
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We were admittedly a little unsure at first, because my only real criticism is that my initial email correspondence when trying to book seemed very dry/to the point business-ey, which didn't match what all the other reviewers said about the owners, so I (correctly) attributed that to the medium. Kami is definitely the more gregarious of the two; Kevin is friendly too but takes a little longer to warm up (I suspect he was my initial contact). The initial emails centered around which room to book, our dates, trying to figure out some details, and working out a potentially annoying food allergy that they actually were great about.

We stayed in the Bromley room. I loved almost everything about it, but had a strong dislike that may affect only some. First, the benefits: the view of the mountain is gorgeous, and you have your own porch (that another room can walk out onto, but still...) with a cute patio set. The jacuzzi definitely can accommodate two average-sized people (I'm low plus-size/high average-size but tall, husband is average & tall) and is WONDERFUL. There is a Keurig and a flatscreen (small) in the room, but only suites (FYI) have the TVs. The fireplace is run by the thermostat, though there is a way to over-ride it. Better bet: just open the window a little so you can have cool, fresh air and a roaring fire. There is a welcome letter that tells you about the hot water, that it takes a while but that there is plenty - both very true. The bed is rather comfortable, though as another reviewer noted, it does squeak. The pillows are just so-so though, but when I stuffed one of the chair throw pillows in the pillowcase with it, I slept better. Cool alarm clock - has an iPod/AUX dock. Did I MENTION the JACUZZI???? :) There was a nice, non-disposable razor and decent toiletries, though as someone else mentioned, the tub/shower IS in the room, so it is a couples-focused room, might be weird if you're not comfortable being naked in front of your traveling partner (then why share a romantic B&B but I digress lol...). This room is in what I imagine to be like a finished basement (the place is HUGE) and the floor slopes a little. FYI if you are drunk or really tired. A cute anecdote to show the attention to detail was when I asked Kevin if I could grab another Dark Magic for the Keurig instead of the Folgers, so we could both have one (I assumed it was a variety), he was AGHAST that someone had snuck a Folgers in there and that housekeeping missed it. It should be ONLY Dark Magic! So there were two waiting for us when we got back. Non-coffee snobs might not get that, but for coffee lovers, that is a BIG DEAL lol. They have thought of a LOT of things to make a lot of little touches just a little extra - nice.

The ONLY real complaint I had about our room was that it was right under the main dining area for breakfast. Which is fine if you're an up first thing person. Which we SO are not. Breakfast ends at 9, and we're the there at 8:45 in our pajamas and barely brushed hair couple. So, next time we come (and we will come again), we will probably choose the suite across the hall, which also has a patio (we snuck a view!) but just a garden view and is only under the kitchen, which we presume to have better reinforced floors.

Anyone else who may have stayed this weekend may have had a comment about "kids running amok". I'd like to address this to make sure it doesn't represent the inn improperly. There was a group of families there that I think make Kevin & Kami want to reconsider having this place be a kid-friendly B&B. At breakfast our second day, one set of parents was at the desk, and the other one or two was in the dining room, and the kids were running down the long hall between the two. One particularly Veruca Salt-ish child kept coming into the lower dining area (read: quiet) area where we were and when her parents, or the group of parents, didn't do anything, and guests were starting to get bothered, KEVIN had to come and convince her to come back up. That was wrong to put the innkeepers in that situation, but he handled it kindly.

I love kids and am usually the one playing with them vs hanging out with the adults, and we have a two year old ourselves. I completely empathize with how hard it can be. But there were only 3, maybe 4 kids to 6 or 8 adults and this was inexcusable. There were other instances of them just not really being that closely looked after, so if anyone else was there this weekend and felt like their stay was affected by that, I hope you do keep in mind that situations like that are A) rare, and B) not the fault of the innkeeper, and in FACT, they went above and beyond to control what they could to insulate their guests as much as they could.

Kami's hiking recommendation was spot-on, though I would suggest not parking at the Equinox and actually going all the way up to Union St (I think?) - look at the trail map (available behind the Equinox) and you'll see that basically the first half mile is just walking on the street to ANOTHER parking lot where the real trail head is. Some of the trail was wiped out from Irene which was scary, but I suggest an app for smartphones called Runkeeper. Has a GPS (signal was great on the mountain, as was cell) so you can compare your path to the trail maps in real time and also compare your speed).

The Perfect Wife is their favorite restaurant. Food was pretty good, but not enough to go twice. Cilantro's in Manchester was GREAT Mexican. Best Chorizo this side of Los Angeles. Skip all the steak houses - blech.

Kami knows the area very well and can give you some great ideas.

Also, for breakfast: order the "half and half" - there are always two yummy choices, this gives you a half portion of both. They will always offer seconds :)

Room Tip: Morning people ONLY for Bromley Room. TVs are only in suites (though there is a nice size flatscr...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TiffNLuke
Vermont
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Just back from a 2 night stay at the Bromley View Inn (A Bed & Breakfast). We took advantage of a special they had run back in September saving us some $$ on the room rate. It was a VERY quiet Monday & Tuesday night as the snow hasn't hit the mountains yet so no skiers were there. There was only one other room booked (I think they have 17 rooms available) the two nights we were there, so it gave us a great oppertunity to meet, speak and get to know the B & B owners Kevin & Kami Golenbeski. Nice people, willing to help with just about anything we might have asked for...we didn't ask for much we were just happy to get away and enjoyed our stay. They were in the process of doing some Christmas decorating so we sat in the lounge chatting with them while the decorations went up. It felt more like a we were at our friends place telling stories, and relaxing. Room was great (#4) bed was comfortable, bathroom had some nice extra's like a razor, toothpaste, ect. Breakfast was done by Kevin, with help from Deb (a part time worker who also couldn't have been nicer). Two breakfast options were available each morning, with coffee, OJ and or cranberry juice. Busy times here would be when the slopes are open of the fall colors are peaking, so if you want to get away to a comfortable place think about an off-season stay.....you'll find it an enjoyable PET FRIENDLY B & B. We did.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bear-in-Vermont
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This was a nice place to stay-- clean and comfortable. The breakfast was absolutely amazing. Ingredients used are all local and fresh. The location is superb-- about 20 min to Weston and Manchester. And it's inbetween Bromley and Stratton Mountains. My sister and I shared the Bromley room, where the bathroom was clean. The only awkward thing was the toilet was in an enclosed room and the shower was separate, in the actual room with sliding glass doors. While it had curtains that can be drawn to give you a private shower, there was no privacy to get in and out of the shower. The bed was a bit springy, and made some noise. And you could hear people walking and talking above you.. as well as the heat turning on and off-- which was REALLY loud. At least, I think that's what it was. But the owners are super friendly, as are their adorable labs, who make you feel at home. If you see an offer on groupon or living social, grab it!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondville
8.3 km away
13.0 km away
The Upper Pass Lodge
The Upper Pass Lodge
#1 of 4 in Londonderry

Been to Bromley View Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK