“Bad experience at the restaurant” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Fox Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bondville
Red Fox Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Bondville B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Virginia
“Bad experience at the restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I’ve been visiting this restaurant and tavern for over twenty years and always loved the pace until a recent visit just before the New Year.
The downward spiral began with a reaction and look from a Waitress who seemed bothered that we asked that one of the soft drinks at our table be replaced since it did not taste right (it seemed to lack the syrup). I think she muttered something about have someone in the back taste it. Eventually she delivered a Coke to the table and after that she continued to bring Cokes to both kids as soon as they were near the bottom of the previous without any request.
Honestly, some food was good; some was cold by the time it reached the table and some a little strange. But what really makes a meal enjoyable is the overall experience.
That said, when the check came I saw that the restaurant had charged for each and every drink for a total of $21 for the two kids soft drink refills, not to mention the high cost of the wine that the adults were consuming. But, at least we knew what the adults were paying for.
Very disappointed!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Jason22308
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2008

My husband and I truly enjoyed a fantastic weekend at The Red Fox Inn. In a small town with not much happening, we found "the place to be". The inn, an old farmhouse, was just what we wanted, quiet, comfortable, and charming, and with great dinner options ( we highly recommend the roast duck!) and nightly entertainment on the property, we felt we couldn't have found a better place. As ski guests of Stratton Mountain, which was so corporate and overpriced, it was refreshing to stay somewhere that had real character and seemed to be a local gathering spot as well. The Logan family (the owners) who we got to meet and befriend over the course of our stay were great, very welcoming and fun. if you're in the Stratton area make sure to visit The Red Fox!!!!

• Liked — The Fireplace
  • Disliked — The towels
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank John2rd2
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2007

The Inn itself is old and historic looking, which can be quaint. But the owners did nothing to welcome us and, most disturbing is the fact that the bed linens (comforter, blanket & pillow shams) were filthy, stained (including blood stains), outdated and worn. At $165/night, we were appalled. Furthermore, when this matter was called to the owner's attention, he seemed unconcerned and suggested I point the matter out to the maid. While the maid replaced the filthy bed linens, the replacement was seemingly clean but thin, worn and well past its retirement date. Are these owners kidding?? If I invited you to stay at my place, did nothing to greet you at the door, gave you filthy bed linens and thread bare towels, AND charged you $165 for the night, would you return? I think not! I strongly advise that you seek out other accommodations when in the Bondville/Stratton Mountain area.

Stayed February 2007
8 Thank pattyNewYork
marylogan86, Daughter of Owner/ Bar Manager at Red Fox Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2009
First off, I would like to respond to the matters listed from the review left Feb. 19, 2007. I understand that this review was left two years ago now and is old and outdated. However, I have grown-up in my family's establishment my entire life; we are now in our 25th year in business, and have seen an array of people thoughout that time.
We are located in Vermont and strive to be and have shown to be more than hospitable, kind and respectful to all of our patrons. If there truely was such issues, I can honestly say we would have been embarassed and disgusted with the situation. We pride ourselves on being a clean, well run and friendly place.
Throughout the years we have had the same customers return time and time again; always happy to "be back".
This is truely a special place where our returning customers and new are always welcome and have always helped to keep us running; especially in this economic decline. It has proven to be a tough feat to stay in business as long as my family has; especially in such a remote area. Our busy time is the winter and we have still managed to do well throughout the year. There must be a reason we are still in business and running successfully.
I do apologize if there was any misunderstandings and would like to remind you that we are located in the woods of Vermont and strive to keep it quaint and charming as in the old times of the Inn's time. We are not your typical hotel. We are a place to relax in a quiet and serene enviroment.
I urge anyone and hope that if there were such problems to let us know so we CAN fix any mis-haps. If you do not tell us we won't know! We would be more than happy to right any wrongs.

Travellers are raving about these Bondville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondville
4.4 km away
4.5 km away
Long Trail House
Long Trail House
#1 of 4 in Stratton Mountain

Been to Red Fox Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK