“Nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Barre
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Great little motel. Be careful with GPS directions, currently off the mark by about 3.5 miles, correct location is just up the street from Walker Volkswagen dealership. The motel is clean and comfortable. The shower stall and bathroom is very small, but works out fine for skinny people. Good value overall and compared to other places in the area.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Dc2011dc
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I stumbled across this motel while my sister and I were planning an 85th birthday trip for our mother. Solely based on Tripadvisor reviews I made a reservation. We were not disappointed. The location was perfectly situated for the attractions we wanted to see. The owers were very nice and helpful. Our room was definitely big enough to accomodate the 3 of us. I would definitely stay here again.
On another note, The Wayside Diner up the street was an excellent place to eat...good, good, good home style cooking!

Room Tip: Room 19 has 2 long double beds a love seat, flat screen TV, fridge and micro wave. Beds are very com...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rubyslippers16_11
NY
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Solely based on Tripadvisor reviews, spent a weekend here with my wife. Had a bit of trouble contacting the owners, but when I finally did, communications were great. The room we had was clean, and everything (TV, fridge, phone, thermostat, microwave) worked, but the decor was a bit dated (straight from the 1960s motor hotel era).

The only down-side is that the entire room was quite cramped, especially the bathroom which measured 6' x 5' and contained a commode, stand-up shower and sink. One can literally rest his head on the sink while sitting on the commode. Anyone of above average girth or size will find the accommodations quite constraining.

Room Tip: Single queen rooms are very tight.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank elbojbb
Chestnut Hill, MA
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Throw your thoughts back to a simpler time, when travelers drove station wagons around the country, pulled off the road into a large parking lot, and found a pleasant, one-story place of lodging with a little office off to the side with the owners waiting to be of service. This is just that place...but still alive, active, comfortable and friendly, even in 2011.

I gave the Twin City Motel a try because the photos on the website of the place gave me that warm, fuzzy feeling of the 1950s. I was traveling by motorcycle, so being able to park the bike five feet from the door to my room is a real plus.

I arrived there having driven past many Irene-caused scenes of devastation in Vermont. The trip up through the state tested my dirt-riding skills, despite the tremendous efforts the people of the state have made to correct the damage of the hurricane's passing. Nonetheless, Vermont is recovering well, and travelers should have no concerns about going there.

Rejean Gagnon (owner with wife Donna) met me, offered me some choices of accommodations, and checked me in. He's a motorcycle rider too, so he knew what I'd like.

As I walked in the door to Room 18 (there are a couple of cottages too), I found a spotless place which was not huge, but had plenty of room for me and my riding gear. A contrast to the themes of the past was the 32-inch LCD TV, a cable TV connection with about 200 channel choices and WiFi with bandwidth which I tested to be 5Mbps download and 1Mbps upload. Those were really the only clues that you're living in a modern age. The turquoise-colored bathroom fixtures, the pine-themed wall paneling put me back in the past.

Facts: queen-size bed was firm and supportive with plenty of pillows, heat was warm, lighting was flexible, cleanliness and attention to detail was superb, and finally, Rejean's morning coffee at the office was strong and rich. One unexpected bonus: Rejean left me extra towels to wipe down my motorcycle as it had rained during the night.

Finally, as I was checking out, I had a fine conversation with Donna and Rejean, and learned that they've owned Twin Cities Motel for many years, and have had many return guests. I know I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank ExGMan
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Very nice owners who have been there for over 40 years. The rooms are roomy the bathroom a bit small but it all works. The price was right and it is a very retro feel to it. My grandparents ran small motels in the 60's and 70's and this brought back a lot of memories.

If you are looking for a "hotel" you aren't going to find it here. You are going for comfort and price and a great place this won't let you down.

Eat up the street at Wayside for a meal in a restaurant that has been around forever and a good meal.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scorchio321
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barre
6.6 km away
3.3 km away
Betsy's Bed and Breakfast
Betsy's Bed and Breakfast
#3 of 4 in Montpelier

Been to Twin City Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK