“Cool atmosphere”
Review of Showdowns

Showdowns
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Tropic
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Drove the main street looking for someplace to have dinner and thought that Showdowns was the most welcoming. Looks like the restaurant used to be an old barn.
When we arrived, the outside dining patio was full, which we would have preferred but the inside was cute and had live country music. My husband had the jack'd chicken entree, which was good and I went with mushroom brie bisque soup (delicious) and a boring garden salad which needed more then a few cherry tomatoes and few cucumber slices.
The service was a little slow but we didn't mind with the live music. After dinner you can go outside and sit by the fire pit and enjoy more music.
I'm giving 4 stars, because sometimes the atmosphere helps carry the food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for an early dinner. Arrived about 6 pm, I think we were the third party seated, first ones to sit outside. Ordered drinks and an appetizer, took a while to come out but we were enjoying the outdoors and live music. Had LONG finished drinks and app when waitress came back, no apologies or anything, ok we ordered dinner and another drink. We commented to each other that at least we got our dinner order in before these 2 large tour groups came in.
We waited an hour an a half since we arrived and still no dinner, when I finally saw our waitress again I called her over, she was extremely rude. Said we big parties blah blah. I said we ordered long before anyone else. She offered me my check, I said I’m hungry, more rudeness and finally I said fine give me my check. She didn’t even have the courage to bring it over herself. First time in my life I have ever left no tip.
While there are not a great deal of options in the area DO NOT GO HERE!

1  Thank edp22675
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It’s a nice place, though not outstanding. Unfortunately, your choices are limited in Tropic. Food was ok. A good solo musician played easy favorites from a variety of genres. He was the best part of the place. Unfortunately, the service poor.

1  Thank Gerrylutravels
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Showdowns offers lighted patio seating, a fire pit, and rustic inside decor. Burgers were really good! A young cowboy singing western songs was fun too! Nice relaxing restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There are limited dining options in Tropic but this place seemed to be the most 'happening'. They had live music - a country singer which is not usually our scene but at a reasonable volume for dining and not too intrusive. They had TV screens showing rodeo events - including cowboys being trampled by bulls, which may not be everyone's idea of family entertainment.
The wait staff were very friendly and we were served in good time.
The food was ok - we both had grilled chicken. My husband felt it was a little dry although mine was fine. All in all, it was an interesting experience in small town Utah.

1  Thank EnjoyTravelling13