“Pay more attention to the customers”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Applebee's

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tooele, Utah
“Pay more attention to the customers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We are local and have eaten in this restaurant several times. The food has always been good but the staff needs a course in how to treat customers. They congregate around the bar talking, ignoring their tables. We have been served appetizers with no plates, dinner with no forks, etc. Waited for the entire meal for drinks to arrive. The last waiter even made comments about my leaving him a good tip because he needed the cash!
The only reason I gave it an average instead of a poor is because the food has been good. Not sure if we will venture back.

• Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

tooele
“Liver? whats wrong here?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

ordered the steaks on 3 different occations.

All 3 times the taste was liver.

Tonight we ordered something completely different and the waiter ignored me asking for
napkins and plates. I had to yell. He was really into the blonde who was sitting one booth over. Ahhhh! LOL that was oKay but the Liver taste was remarkable.
I think it's the Tooele- so what attitude. If my house sold, I would move.

Visited December 2011
Stansbury park, Utah, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hostess shouldn't quit her day job!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Hostess shouldn't argue with customers, >8 ( and manager should have stepped in for damage control. We asked for a booth and she told us "well then you'll need a high chair" I said why, she said well our booths only hold 4 people. I could see that being a problem if it was 5 adults, but it's 2 adult and 3 children. Trust me the booth is more in your benefit than ours, because young kids in chairs have a tendency to want to run about the restaurant. We also had ordered a sampler, to tide the kids over till their food came out. At that point we realized we only had 1 set of silverware, so I went up and asked for 4 more sets to which the same hostess decided to recite their policy Our policy is not to hand out silverware with the kids menus, because they generally use their hands. You know at this point I really don't care why you a policy you have that policy.. whether to cut back on dishes or whatever, the point is I asked for silverware all you needed to do is give me silverware. It will be a while before we decide to come back, hopefully by then she will learn what Customer Service is or will have moved on from the establishment.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Lis_luv
Alameda, California
“Customer Service at its best...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

Our waiters, Stephen, from Montana originially, (Sunday night) and Heather (Monday night) were top notch. They both had a contagious sense of humor which made the experience that much better. Botj of them instantly developed an emotional bond with all of us (7 in our party). The service was swift, accurate, tasty. We were so impressed with Stephen the first night that we decided to return the following evening. Unfortunately he wasn't working, but Heather did a knock out job as well. Even the manager stopped by to check in on us.

We'll be back!

cornwall
“Excellent - for a chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

Surprisingly good - attentive staff and tasty food (cannot be said for all in this chain). Walking distance from the hotel.

1 Thank FlorenceNewt