All reviews the cliff snowbird center full kitchen hot tub two queen beds free coffee in the lobby bistro downstairs an update steam room a great stay rooms are spacious lift tickets one bedroom suite ski vacation storage accommodations drawers
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Very comfy ski lodge with charm and nice amenities. Excellent location next to Snowbird Center and easy access to slopes and lockers to store equipment. Rooms are spacious with lots and lots of storage. The cabinets are a little older looking but were totally functional and didn't bother us at all. Our room had separate sink areas which made for greater flexibility. All rooms also have a view of the mountain. We opened the sliding doors and enjoyed the nice outdoors. There were also blackout shades for good sleeping. Our only issue was the heating control didn't seem to register properly and our room got a little too warm at times. There was a portable fan that we used which helped, and we could also open the sliders. There was also coffee available all day, and the staff was very courteous and friendly. We also enjoyed the heated pool and hot tub, as well as eating at the Bistro downstairs. A great stay - we definitely will return!

Room Tip: all rooms have a mountain view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2018

While the property is definitely something out of the 80's the rooms have been updated. We rented a 1 bedroom loft and the view was amazing. Every room faces the mountain. The kitchen was a little sparse but I was able to make full dinners for my family of 5. There were two bathrooms which were a lifesaver as well. The hot tub was filled at apres ski time so my young boys never went down but I enjoyed it in the am while everyone was skiing. All the staff were very friendly and they even hosted a wine and cheese evening the Monday while we were there. The steam room could use a little facelift. Overall Snowbird was a big hit with my family.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I think overall travellers are critical- the restaurant here was amazing, and the room somewhat dated but cozy. Please make time for the bistro downstairs, it was a memorable meal but required planning and reservation. Pool was warm and kids enjoyed it, but hot tub overrun with "owners" complaining about petty owners problems. They choked out visitors and weren't warm or friendly. I got the impression most units were owner occupied, didn't meet any other traveling families when we were there. LOVED the public transit, and loved the airport shuttle the Lodge arranged. No need to rent a car for a long weekend. Very thoughtful one bedroom suite design when traveling with a family. Loved the fireplace. Lots of drawers and storage, kitchen was more than adequate but poorly equipped so bring your own knives and pots if you really intend to cook. We ate mostly at Wilburs Deli for breakfast/lunch and family enjoyed that take out. Groceries expensive and limited fresh foods. Mexican restaurants the Cliff lodge also excellent.

Room Tip: Look on VRBO for better deals directly from owners.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Lodge for a weeks ski vacation. Stayed in a hotel style room with full kitchen and bath with a view of the mountain. The room had two queen beds that were Murphy type beds(was not expecting that) that were comfortable. Room had a couch and dinning table as well. We ate breakfast each day in the room, free coffee in the lobby. We shopped for supplies at the Snowbird center. They had limited options and was mega overpriced. If you are planning on cooking shop prior to arrival in SLC or use delivery service. Room was clean and somewhat updated. Rug and bathroom could use an update.

Great location close to Snowbird Center and central to all restaurants. Also close to tram and Peruvian lift. The restaurant in the building is probably the best on the mountain. Each day housekeeping cleans rooms and leaves a treat, usually cookies, in the room. They were a nice treat each day.

They have an SUV that can bring you to or pick you up from Alta if you choose the ski over there.

Overall this is a great option to stay in Snowbird and would return for another stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I stayed at the Lodge in the summer for a conference. The room itself wasn't too bad, it was clean, but dated. The beds and linens were comfortable. The shower had great water pressure, but the layout was a bit odd, the door got in the way of the toilet and shower. The view from the balcony was beautiful, which is really the biggest plus of this place. I was not a fan of the fact that my balcony was shared with the adjacent room with no partition. I felt uncomfortable keeping the curtains open because the neighbors could see inside my room when they were on the balcony. The room was also lacking in power outlets. There were no outlets that were accessible from the nightstand, so the alarm clock was across the room and I could not charge my phone on the nightstand. There was only one outlet in the bedroom area that was not already occupied.

By far the biggest negative about staying at the Lodge in the summer is the fact that there is no air conditioning. The room had a box fan, which helped, but the room was still uncomfortably hot during the day. At night it was cooler outside, but again, I didn't feel comfortable keeping my door open for long due to the shared patio. There also weren't any outlets close enough to the door to put the fan there to blow the colder air inside. That said, I'm sure this place is much more pleasant in the winter.

Overall, the Lodge did the job and the view was amazing, but the lack of air conditioning was an unpleasant surprise.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business