“Great Breakfast at Jim's!!!”
Review of Jim's Diner

Jim's Diner
Ranked #91 of 225 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 March 2016

My husband and I went here for breakfast and was pleasantly surprised. Looks tiny from the outside, but offers plenty of seating. In need of a remodel and a woman's touch to give the atmosphere a nicer feel. The food was great!!! Made fresh and served hot. Large, fluffy pancakes, just like Grandma use to make when I was a kid!!! Along with perfectly fried eggs (over-easy is my jam). Coffee not too strong. Overall, a delicious meal. (I hear the bacon is crispy, I didn't try it). The food is much better here then the big name restaurants around. And very inexpensive!!! Two meals for under $12! SERIOUSLY!!!

1  Thank sheloveslillies
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 July 2015

The interior of this Diner is 1950's. Not retro, but original ! Just what you'd expect if you could go back in time.

I've driven by Jim's Diner for years but never stopped there. They have a sign in the window stating Spaghetti and Meat Balls with soup and salad $7.95. My young son LOVES Spaghetti and Meat Balls so I decided to give it a whirl. It's about 99 degrees outside and we walked in I knew instantly they cool the place with a swamp cooler. The room was about 80 degrees. I almost left then, but want to try it out. 8PM and the place only has on couple there eating and one person on staff. We sat at the counter and we were greeted promptly. I ordered the S&Meatballs for my son but was told they do not have any meatballs. I settled for S&Meatsauce.
It included a salad (but no soup). The salad was very basic with iceberg lettuce and a few carrot shards. The Ranch dressing was average. The meal was served and the portions were large. My son did not seem to have any complaints and ate it all. I ate the salad and the bread.
I really was expecting more and am disappointed. They have another special 3 eggs hashbrowns and toast for $2.95. I'll come back someday and check it out but I don't think I'll do it until the outside temps subside.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This restaurant had the best pancakes I've ever eaten in my entire life. The home fries were delectable too. Please eat here if you want to taste heavenly food and take minimal damage to your wallet. I only wish I lived near there so I could eat there more often. Salt Lake City residents: you are so lucky!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

What a Gem! This was as close to a New England Diner that I have found out west. The menu is extensive, breakfast is served all day, portions are plentiful, pricing is very fair and the service is top-notch. I was visiting the area from out of state--sure wish the Denver, Colorado area had a Jim's Diner!

1  Thank klj_9600
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was visiting from New Jersey and was staying at a nearby hotel. I passed this diner and thought I'd give it a try. New Jersey is famous for having great diners so I said why not here. Well, it exceeded my expectations. Jim and his wife have run the place for 37 years and from the sight of the locals it's been great. It's not a very big place nor the most modern but you can't beat the service, food and friendliness. The prices are insane for what you get. The coffee cup is always full and the amount of food is awesome. I couldn't stay away every day I was there. One day the power went out before I got there and Jim asked what I wanted to eat and made my breakfast from a grill he had set up. Who else would bother doing this? The diner is located on State St. (Route 89) in Sandy, Utah, just south of the intersection with 9000 South and in back of the Rio Tinto Soccer Stadium. It's a favorite place for locals and now for me. My son and his family live nearby in Herriman and whenever I visit in the future I will definitely stop for food at Jim's Diner.