“Good quick Burrito.”

Freebirds World Burrito
Ranked #53 of 230 Restaurants in Sandy
Reviewed 4 May 2017

I have seen this restaurant since it went in near Scheels. We always went next door for pizza but my wife decided that she would like a burrito tonight and wanted to come here.

We were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed ourselves. The food is good, My wife is a salsa and guac snob and they both have a good flavor and texture and we really enjoyed them.

We were looking for something spicy and on the menu is a Spicy Chicken Burrito. We both ordered it but I changed the chicken to the pork. The tortilla is flour and has cayenne in it. The meat is well seasoned and the rice is good also. On the Chicken Burrito my wife opted for black beans and I had refried. Both were very good. The refries made the burrito a bit more wet but they had a very good flavor, not bland. A habenero sauce goes over the top but to worry it really give a good flavor without the typical scorch that the habenero is known for. I would really but that on anything I got here. Goo spice and little bite without causing pain. The burritos wrapped up were about 10 inches long and 3 inches in diameter. A good size.

There are 3 sizes you can your burrito in 3 sizes. Hybrid is the smallest, the Freebird as I described then the monster. Yes the monster is appropriately named. It could feed my three boys! I see on the internet there is a super monster which I did not see in the store but it would feed the community T-Rex and I would think he/she/it could not finish it.

I am excited to go back and try something else, of course with the hobenero sauce on it.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Too many choices for my liking - the food was awesome though. This is a place that is friendly staff and really good food.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

You can choose burritos, quesadillas, tacos or nachos with your choice of protein and toppings. There's complexity in the simplicity. The best part is you can choose your tortilla flavors and then make art from the foil!

Reviewed 26 April 2016

The burritos are very large and they are very good. Lots of great stuff to stick inside but we won't be back because of price.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

Freebirds: Ordering system is a little confusing. Especially for first timers. Wasn't a huge hurdle, but I felt kinda overwhelmed getting started. They use company jargon that doesn't make much sense unless you're familiar I guess. I think their "medium" size burrito is referred to as a "free bird"...but I'm still not sure.

That being said...it was pretty much like any 'walk through the line' burrito place. Lots of options for fillings. I think they might be the only I'm aware of that has a vegan option. However, the day I chose to go they were out of the tempeh. I'm not a vegan, but I am trying to eat a more plant based diet, so that was slightly annoying. I opted for the vegetarian option which ended up being pretty good. I liked their hot sauces. the portions are good. And everything seemed fresh and good. So yeah...it's not a bad place to stop in for a burrito. I wasn't blown away or anything, but it was a good lunch for the money. My daughter got a chicken burrito, and her verdict was that Freebird was good, but she still liked Cafe Rio better. (Cafe Rio always seems less healthy and more expensive to me...fwiw. Although, I gotta give advantage to Cafe Rio also...because of their house made tortillas.)