“Great street tacos”

Los Garcia Mexican Food
Ranked #15 of 224 Restaurants in Sandy
Reviewed 19 February 2015

Kind of an out of the way place, but if you're looking for great street tacos around Sandy Utah swing on by Los Garcia's. I've only had the tacos and they are excellent. Service is also great!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Los Garcia Mexican Food

Reviewed 11 November 2014

This is a great place to eat. We love going here for lunch. The salsa is awesome, chips plentiful, service great. The nachos gloria's are a favorite. The smothered burrito's are another favorite. Everything we've eaten has been yummy! Enjoy!

1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 4 October 2014 via mobile

This is like a mom - n - pop restaurant but with Mexican food. As soon as you walk in, you are warmly greeted and treated like a family member. Our server (which I had the impression she was an owner of sorts), was very friendly and patient with us. That was our first time going there. We were overwhelmed by all the menu options and didn't know what we wanted to eat right away. The salsa and chips are delicious, just right in heat. I ordered the fish tacos, which are 4 pretty small tacos. The taco, when used with their house sauce and lime wedge, was amazing! Great flavor! (I have no idea what fish taco the review below me was eating, but it wasn't these fish tacos.) The only complaint with the tacos I had was there wasn't enough. We also ordered a chicken fajita bowl. The chicken was seasoned great again. It was filling and hit the spot as well. It was good food for a change of pace and it wasn't too expensive.

2  Thank Libby W
Reviewed 16 September 2014

I never do a 5-star rating, but I had to offset the fool that gave this place a single star. One can only wonder if that writer was from a competing restaurant.

We enjoy Mexican food and are willing to drive out of our way to get it. Los Garcia is a little "diner" that serves tasty, well seasoned food. It's a small restaurant, run by a family. The menu is more than adequate for most tastes. Warning: if what you are looking is some kind of over-priced, next-generation, trendy vegan fare, served in miniscule portions, look elsewhere. This is just plain good Mexican food, among the best in Utah, based on our extensive experience.

The salsa has just enough heat to leave a lingering burn on your lips and tongue. The refried beans have the perfect consistency and hearty flavor. Their seafood offerings are fresh and properly cooked. They have a shrimp cocktail that is unique, memorable, and a meal in itself.

What can you say about a taco? Well, if it's soggy, forget it. You won't want to forget the tacos here. Fresh crisp tortillas or soft totillas, suit yourself. I've had both and appreciate them equally. In my mind, a measure of a Mexican restaurant's fare is the quality of their rellenos. Los Garcia surprised me with generously coated tender peppers... makes my mouth water just to think of it.

The building is a former hamburger stand, refit to serve Mexican food. It's not a fine diner in respect to ambience. It's a diner, appropriately decorated, with Mexican music playing faintly in the background.

Last, and certainly not least, is the service. The main server is Angelica, one of the owners. She is a delight. She lights up when patrons enter her restaurant. We were surprised at how many of them call her by name as they walked through the door or bid her farwell as they left. There is apparently a growing list of dedicated clientele. Count us among them. We've referred a number of our friends there. We're reluctant to send too many for fear the place will become overcrowded. Right now, it's just about right, busy but no waiting for a table.

If you want to discover a clean, authentic Mexican restaurant that you will find yourself returning too, I'd recommend Los Garcia.

2  Thank HardtoDissatisfy
Reviewed 5 September 2014

Great food. My favorite part was the chips and Salsa. However I have to say that the Chili Relleno was really good too and I am usually not into Chili Rellenos. However it was highly recommended by a guest that was just leaving the restaurant. She had said she was a "regular". I usually trust the local "regulars".
Both my sons were with me and they enjoyed their food so much that they over ate. I would have given it 5 stars but the rice needs a little improvement.
Atmosphere is that of a local restaurant. Nothing fancy but then again I care more about taste then decorations.
Our waiter was a young 16 year old guy that was awesome!!!

3  Thank bppinc