“Bring your own sack lunch / dinner!”
Review of Chin-Wah

Chin-Wah
Ranked #157 of 250 Restaurants in Sandy
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 8
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I hate being negative, and my glass is always half full - not empty. We frequented this restaurant in the past when it was located next to the street. Having moved to a better facility in the strip mall behind it, we had not tried the new location. Nothing about the visit was pleasant or worth the time to look for something good to report. The food tasted old and left in the pots too long. When our waiter, trying to be efficient and pleasant, finally got around to bringing our combination meals to us, we should have just sent it back and left. Sadly, this restaurant is on our "Never go back" list. When leaving, we saw several full plates like ours covered with napkins, so I believe we were not the only disappointed visitors this night.

2  Thank 492sandy

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We go to this restaurant often & also get take-out a lot too. It is the best Chinese food around that we have found close to us. It is also affordable. Their new restaurant that they built a few years ago is very nice to go to eat in. Do try their food if you like Chinese.

1  Thank Ron D
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I've been eating here for over 20 years. Nothing fancy, but fresh, hot Chinese food. Their signature dish is Phoenix chicken. Crispy battered and deep fried then covered with very sweet sauce that you can get hot or mild. The hot is a winter treat. The fried shrimp are tempura and deep fried as well. Lettuce wraps, Peking ribs, sweet and sour pork are all good. I like the ham foo yong as well. Soups are good and service is what you would expect. Prices are fine. Portions are large.

1  Thank Mudsharkrocks
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Super-Americanized version of Chinese food. Not super tasty at that, you are better off going down the street to Pei Wei. Even Asian Star is a better option.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Chin-Wah has pretty average Chinese food and it's pretty good but my favorite menu item is the ground round dinner. It's in the American menu section. The portion is very generous and comes with grilled onions, gravy, mashed potatoes or rice and a veggie. When I'm not sure what I want for dinner this is my default, and it's always good.

1  Thank Mark F