“Go-to chinese”

Ranked #152 of 240 Restaurants in Sandy
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 8
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I've been eating here for over 20 years. Nothing fancy, but fresh, hot Chinese food. Their signature dish is Phoenix chicken. Crispy battered and deep fried then covered with very sweet sauce that you can get hot or mild. The hot is a winter treat. The fried shrimp are tempura and deep fried as well. Lettuce wraps, Peking ribs, sweet and sour pork are all good. I like the ham foo yong as well. Soups are good and service is what you would expect. Prices are fine. Portions are large.

1  Thank Mudsharkrocks

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Super-Americanized version of Chinese food. Not super tasty at that, you are better off going down the street to Pei Wei. Even Asian Star is a better option.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Chin-Wah has pretty average Chinese food and it's pretty good but my favorite menu item is the ground round dinner. It's in the American menu section. The portion is very generous and comes with grilled onions, gravy, mashed potatoes or rice and a veggie. When I'm not sure what I want for dinner this is my default, and it's always good.

1  Thank Mark F
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Hadn't been here since last May of this year. Went here with friends from California. I had the letter E meal - sweet and sour chicken (had mine with gravy instead of other sauce), ham fried rice and chicken sub gum chow mein noodles...onions, celery, almonds. All very good. Also had egg rolls and hot and sour soup. You have to order the hot and sour soup as a large bowl and not a cup. It's enough soup for 4 people so make sure there are 4 of you. It's one of the best hot and sour soups around. Egg rolls are a "touch" greasy but still very good. Main course is very good and large enough for leftovers. Always had a good meal at Chin Wah!

1  Thank kj7hz
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Our first visit to Chin-Wah was a very good experience. We were seated promptly and a waiter took excellent care of us. I tried the pork chow mien, which I have never had before, and I thought it was fantastic. The prices are reasonable, especially considering the large portions. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the nice atmosphere of the place. I think that perhaps I have lower expectations of restaurants in strip malls, but Chin-Wah is well above average. We definitely will return!

1  Thank scribblin