“Great lunch at Los Cucos!”

Los Cucos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 231 Restaurants in Sandy
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The history of Los Cucos Mexican Café is an inspiring story of perseverance and success. It’s a story of two brothers, Manuel and Sergio Cabrera who came to Houston, Texas looking for the “American Dream.” Their dream became true through lot of hard work, dedication, and determination. By setting goals for success and providing the best quality in food and the best possible service to each and every customer since 1991, they have succeeded in turning their dreams into reality.The way of success of the Cabrera brothers’ was constructed by their constant work and determination. Along the way, both brothers worked long shifts seven days of the week. They scrubbed floors, washed dishes, and prepared food. The dream in their hearts motivated them to continue forward and to save enough money to be able to open a small restaurant.The opening of the first restaurant was a bittersweet dream become true. After having their grand opening on a Monday, the restaurant was destroyed by the fire the following Thursday, leaving nothing but ashes, smoke and frustration. And there was another unexpected surprise; they didn’t have insurance. All their savings were gone, but not their dreams and their will to succeed. They wouldn’t let any obstacle, hardship, or setback stop them from achieving their goals. Working even harder, they were able to reopen the restaurant one year later.This is the beginning of a business that has consistently grown stronger and continues to grow and thrive today. With more than 14 locations and many more planned to open, Los Cucos Mexican Café is committed to offering you the best food and the best possible service. Our warm and hospitable staff will make you feel at home.Thank you for making Los Cucos Mexican Café your restaurant.
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

We just had lunch at LOS CUCOS! We had Quesadillas and Fajitas. Both were fantastic and super abundant. I strongly recommend this restaurant for an excellent meal!

And the also speak Spanish!

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I was traveling from out of town and do not know the area. I see this was rated highly on TripAdvisor, so figured I'd give it a try. What a big letdown. Do not waste your time, unless you're a regular and know what this is all about.

I went around dinner time and sat at the bar. No one even acknowledged me, let alone wait on me. Finally someone came out and took my drink order. I ordered a top-shelf Margarita. I must say, it is the worst margarita I've ever had in my life. It was basically pucker juice - no other ingredients could be deciphered, as this was undrinkable. So I waited and waited to swap to something different, and no one ever came back. I plopped $10 on the bar and left.

The bar was completely empty - that should have been my first clue that this is not a popular place.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This is a decent place to go if you have a cold hard hankering for ye olde standard American Mexican food. If that's what you're up for, you won't be disappointed.

Good rice and beans. A few nice entrées. The fried and stuffed avocado thing was good. Hearty burritos. Plenty of gooey, melty cheese.

This isn't the right place for a unique experience. It is a good place, though, for a "stuff your face with predictably good food" type deal.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Pretty good non traditional mexican restaurant. They give you huge amounts of food, and it is quite heavy. Service has always been good, and never really dissapointed with the food. But, I do have a hard time choosing what to eat as the menu is huge.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

From the outside this place looks like your average tex-mex grub grab. But it isn't, the food is fresh, the salsa is homemade and incredible, and the staff is friendly and attentive. Was very surprised by my visit here and will be coming back when I'm back in SLC.